Chapter 8

Angie's POV:

All the way back home I was thinking about the letter from Mustafa. I was glad he was thinking about me and sent a letter, but at the same time I feel bad for breaking his heart. He was the only one guy who truly cared about me, doesn't matter how stupid I was.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As I arrived home I found Esmeralda and German together in the living room which kinda shocked me first.

- What is she doing here? - I asked while looking at German.

- We're doing some business stuff with Germy - Esme replied with an evil grin on her face.

- I wasn't talking to you - I hissed at her.

- And don't call me Germy - German added then stood up, came closer to me and kissed me in front of her - Don't worry, Angie... - he whispered while looking into my eyes - She'll be going soon...

- Okay... - I mumbled then walked upstairs, but I'm still concerned.

This is why I loved being in the palace too. Because I didn't need to be scared about anyone getting my love away from me, but now that I'm at home and I'm with German Esmeralda just can't get off of him and it makes me so frustrated. I don't know what to do with her... I think now I'm better thinking on an answer to the letter and hoping that Esme leaves soon.

----- LATER -----

As I was deep in thoughts I suddenly felt two arms around me and a head on my shoulder.

- Did she leave? - I asked.

- Yes, she did - German replied and kissed my neck softly - I try and finish this job with her as soon as possible...

- You better...

- I know you're upset because of her, but please... Try to bear it a little longer...

I just sat there, quietly for a while then turned to face him and leaned my head on his shoulder as I hugged him.

- It's not so easy... Because when I see you two together I always remember...

- I know... - he sighed painfully. He sounded like he remember what have happened before and got what I was referring to - I know how painful it is...

I didn't reply, just kept on hugging him.

- ... Or maybe I'm better end this before something happens... - he added and now I looked up at him worriedly, but rather confused.

- You can't do that! - I said - What about you ca--

- You're more important to me than my career... - he said with a soft smile.

- German... Don't make any stupid mistake because of me...

 - Angie...

- German, it's okay - I smiled - Do whatever you need to with Esmeralda... But keep your distance, please... Not just because of me, but everything and everyone else.... okay?

German looked at me worriedly for long minutes then sighed and pulled me into a tight hug again while kissing my head softly.

- Okay then... - he mumbled.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When I was finally left alone I took the letter out of my pocket and began to read it again and began to smile like an idiot and after a while I decided to write an answer while I can be alone.

I made sure that I don't worry Mustafa too much, but at the same time I wrote all the truth too. That everything is fine here, but I do miss him at the same time. I didn't want to lie to him even though he probably won't come here suddenly, or anything.

----- 1 HOUR LATER -----

I finished writing when someone knocked on my room's door.

- Come in! - I shouted as I hid the letter.

- Hey, beautiful... - said German as he came closer to me - Are you feeling okay? - he asked.

- I'm fine - I replied - I was just thinking, that's all.

I feel bad for lying to him about the letter, but I have no choice. I know he'd got upset if he gets to know about it which I really don't want to. And beside this I don't want him to get curious about what I'm gonna answer because it's my own business...