3. Don't Be Such A Nuissance.

A clean and spicy scent almost like cinnamon made me stir in my bed. It was like the smell was wrapping me in its tight embrace.

Mom's baking always had me running to the kitchen.

Then I heard beeping. And then I felt stinging in my arm.

I was blinded by the bright light in the hospital room which brought me back to reality. It was cold. Very cold, and I just wanted a blanket.

As if it was summoned, a big comforter was put over my body and I accepted it gratefully.

"Thank you," I hummed and snuggled into the fluffy cover.

"You are very welcome," a gravely, modulated voice responded.

My eyes opened in horror when I saw Vince sat on the bed. I tightened my grip on the blanket attempting to conceal my emotions.

"I would've expected some reverence for bringing you to urgent care."

Reverence? He deserves none of my gratitude.

"Thanks," I stifled.

I was still on a mission and I had to keep this pacifist act up as much as I hated it.

A young woman in navy scrubs walked in and her eyes immediately went to Vincent.

"Vince Carter!" She covered her mouth when she realized her outburst. "I apologize, Mr. Carter. The patient just has a shoulder sprain and she's also bruised her clavicle quite a bit."

"Miss, you don't have any other injuries, but you will have to wear a sling for at least three weeks." She continued to examine the bruises along my chest and I didn't feel Vincent's eyes on me anymore. I looked up to see that he was typing away on his phone.

"Great. Just great," I exasperated as the doctor's attention seemed to be on Vincent more than it was on me: the actual patient.

There was a long silence with him scrolling through his phone, the doctor drooling over him, and me ready to get the hell out of this hospital.

"So when can I leave?" I broke her out of her spell of Vincent.

"As soon as we get that sling on you you're home free. I'll send in a nurse." The doctor cleared her throat before scurrying out of the room like a horny school girl.

Get him to like you and to share his stories of his nauseating life.

"So how long have you lived in New York?"

No answer. It's like he can't live without that little robot in his hands.

I cleared my throat just in case he didn't hear me the first time, but he didn't even shift. The only movement was in his fingers that pressed buttons on his device.

This is like dealing with a child.

Drug dealer or not he is not entitled in any way. Nova is just gonna have to be mad at me for not getting information on him today because I may be many things but a patient being is not one of them.

I ripped the IV needle out of my arm and tossed the big comforter off my body.

"And where do you think you're going?" Vincent's eyes flashed up and turned shrewd as I picked up a bag with my clothes in them off the chair next to the bed.

"Wonderland. Where the heck do you think I'm going," I mocked and tore the hospital gown from my body without any worry of him looking and I heard Vincent groan in aggravation as I did so.

Right as I struggled to bend down to pull up my jeans I felt a blanket get wrapped around me along with his arms. His lips skimmed my ear before I shimmied out of his grip. And damn did it hurt considering I was just hit with a car.

"Stop acting like a child and get back in the bed," he groaned.

His hands dropped to his sides as he watched me continue to battle with pulling my jeans up my hips.

"Stop staring at me pervert," I acknowledged and he rolled his eyes.

I let out a breath of exhaustion when I finally buttoned them, but as I went to walk out he blocked me.

"Get out of my way before I make you see stars," I muttered distastefully.

"Listen to me, and hear me clearly. Threaten me again, and I'll make you see God," he sneered and made the decision of taking a step towards me.

"Nurse!" I yelled as I fought to slide on my shirt and pushed Vincent out of my way so I could scavenge for the rest of my belongings.

"Woah, you should not be out of bed, Miss-"

"Just put the damn thing on me so I can leave."

The male nurse was surprised at my outburst but quickly placed a sling on my arm unbelievably quick. He gave me the ointment to rub on my bruises before leaving the room as quickly as he came in.

I put on my shoes and was seconds from leaving the child sitting on the bed.

"Where is my skateboard?"

"You mean the death trap that almost got you killed? Why would you even want that back? I'm driving you home." He started to make his way toward the door before I stopped him by placing a hand on his torso.

"I'd rather take my chances with the death trap. Now give it to me," I growled expressing my resentment to his antics.

"If you want something, then you better ask nicely," he advised in a solid tone with his face inches from mine.

"Cut the shit, Carter. This is as nice as I'm gonna get." I tried to control my voice knowing that we were in a hospital. In addition I remember that the goal of the mission is to get him to like me.

When I saw that mischievous grin on his face I knew I couldn't take this anymore. I was growing weary with the play he was getting at, but it wouldn't hurt to join the game if I bent the rules.

This next part might make me throw up.

I stepped so close to him that I was able to breath in his alluring scent.

You ruined my family.

"Can you please give me my skateboard back."

You do not deserve anyone's pity.

I traced up his tie to his jaw and I heard his breath hitch when he noticed my confidence.

Your cold heart will be the last thing you hear before you leave this earth.

"Please?"

His eyes became hooded with a hunger and intensity that scared me, but I held my ground. I reached under his suit jacket and could feel every ridge of muscle on the tense monster.

The heavy stare down between us was interrupted when I snatched his car keys from his jacket pocket and ran out the room to get to his car. I didn't hear him behind me, but I knew that he would catch up.

That didn't matter though. What mattered was me getting my skateboard, devising a new plan, and starting on my homework that was due in a few days.

I made it to his car and scrambled to get my means of transportation out of his trunk. Right as I hopped on my board, he came out marching with long strides. I threw his keys at him before riding out into the street and made my way to my apartment.

"I don't break my promises! God is waiting for you!" I could hear his comment as I weaved through New York traffic with my left arm in a sling looking like a dumbass.