Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

  "How is Primus not able to create life?" Raf asked, chewing on the back of his pen.

  "Yea," Miko piped up. "I thought we took care of that."

  "I don't know," I groaned, repeating the words for what felt like the millionth time.

A sound from the base's computers made everyone's attention snap up to see an incoming call from Cybertron.

  "Finally," Ratchet muttered before answering. "Team Prime Earth Division, Ratchet speaking."

  "Ratchet? It's Arcee," The Autobot's voice filled the base. "We have a medical emergency and there's no one here now who's able to help. Are you able to bridge to Cybertron immediately?"

  Ratchet nodded grimly. "I'll be there in a few moments." He closed the call and then headed to his lab to grab medical kit. "Raf, open the space bridge to the Autobot headquarters on Cybertron."

  The younger boy quickly got to work, and Ratchet began to head out, calling a few last instructions over his shoulder.

  "Continue to record everything that happens between Amanda and Cleona," He instructed. "When I return, we will continue our analysis."

  And with that, he disappeared through the space bridge, leaving us all wondering what happened so suddenly on the other side of that bridge. I wasn't able to ponder on it for long, because my vision went silver and pain split through my skull.

  "Primus has become vulnerable. He can no longer protect what lights every Cybertronian spark. He has told me what we must do, and we must do it if there will ever be hope for any Cybertronian in the future, once the dust settles and the war is over."

  "The dust has settled. It is time."

  "Just stop it," I growled, not even noticing that it was out loud. Immediately the silver vanished and I was left reeling, my hands pressed to the sides of my head. I left my eyes closed, trying to block out the ringing in my ears, and only when it faded did I open them to see the others huddled around me.

  "What was it this time?" Raf spoke first, making me flinch slightly. Only Finn seemed to notice though, and he drew me close as I told them what Cleona had said.

  "So I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say the first bit happened before the Bots left Cybertron," Miko said once I had finished. "And now she's saying the dust settled cause we fixed Cybertron and all."

  I nodded. "I agree. But it still doesn't make sense. Time for what?"

  Raf frowned. "I wish Ratchet didn't have to get called right now. This message made the most sense and there was the most context to it."

  "Hold on," Finn peered at Raf's paper, where he'd written what I said. "'He can no longer protect what lights every Cybertronian spark.' The 'he' is obviously Primus, and what lights a Cybertronian's spark in the first place?"

  I sucked in a breath. "The Allspark! That's what Cleona's been nagging about; she did something to the Allspark during the war, and now she needs to bring it back to Primus-"

  My words were cut off when my vision went silver again, but this time images became clear. Suddenly, I was standing on Cybertron, but not the one I had visited a couple days ago with Optimus. This was Cybertron during the war, with rubble and debris everywhere, with no single building still standing tall in the area. I was in front of a massive hole in the ground, one I recognized as the Well of Allsparks.

  "Jazz, Warpath, take the north end. Ensure that no one is allowed to approach the well. Ironhide, Jetfire, you defend the south end." I whirled around the moment that familiar voice filled the air, and my eyes landed on a group of five Autobots, one of which sported a familiar color scheme that made my heart leap. Optimus Prime didn't look the same as when I first met him, but I still knew it was him immediately.