𝚘𝚗𝚎.

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐀

"Put all the money in the fucking bag bitch," the young man yelled, upping his pistol at the female behind the counter.

She raised her hands up, this was the first time in years this store had been robbed. She was spooked, looking at him and taking note of his voice just in case she had to point him out. He was in all black clothing and wore a black ski mask, his eyes and lips were the only thing on display.

Her eyes began to gloss over as he waved the gun around carelessly. She was vibrating, her body had never experienced a robbery before. She figured it'd never happen, not at this corner store. She moved at a slow pace, grabbing a brown paper bag and punching in the code to open the cash register. Her brown hands paced back and forth, putting every dollar bill inside the bag.

There was no button to call alert the police and the minute he left, she would have to call the cops and her father to let him know his store had been robbed. She just got home from college and needed the extra cash, not knowing she'd have to work with a gun in her face.

"Here, take it," she slid the bag full of cash against the counter and pushed up against the back wall, knocking alcohol from the shelf making a shattering sound that made her jump out of her body for a split second.

He snatched it away, and before he exited he looked her dead in her eye. Her eye sockets were full of tears, her lips began to quiver, and her head jerked back as she took a bullet in between her eyebrows. He watched her body fall before leaving out of the store. He took no time jumping inside his vehicle and taking off to see the one person he knew had his back.

"I'm scared to open it, open yours first," Giselle looked down at her envelope. Her and Gino both got their letters in the mail from Clark Atlanta University. They applied together on the same day just so they could share this moment together.

"Let's just open it up at the same time," Gino blew out pulling apart the seal.

Giselle looked at him as she began to open hers, both of there hearts were racing. They have been planning on going to the same college since they were in middle school. It was important to get an education not only because their parents shoved it down their throats but because knowledge is power and the jobs they wanted required a bachelor's degree.

Gino was a star athlete, playing football and basketball. He was now in track and field and if it's one thing about Gino, he was active. He was constantly on the move, his parents couldn't keep him in the house even if they tried.

"Dear Gino (Giselle) Congratulations, the admissions office is pleased to inform you of your acceptance to the Clark Atlanta University class of 2037," They read together in unison, their voices going up in excitement as they continued to read their letters to each other.