Anyway, the normal routine consisted of me waking up in Ian's bed with Danny in between us. Every morning Danny would wake us up, making me smile when he'd challenge me to a tickle fight. Ian joined in on our game and ended up letting Danny win. 

That moment was unexpected and amazing at the same time. It was like watching two kids bond. As if it was the start of a new friendship. Danny was excited because he threw his hands up and said,

"Mommy wook. He wooks wike me!" His big, bright smile revealed small teeth as excitement overwhelmed his face. 

Ian chuckled before replying with,

"That's because I'm your dad." 

From there the whole dynamic of their relationship changed. Danny went from being standoffish to being more open to him. And the more I watched their father/ son relationship  unfold, the more conflicted I became. Conflicted because part of me yearned for him to be his father. While another part wanted nothing more than to remove him from my baby's life forever. 

#

Entering the cozy living room with the lit fireplace, I make my way over to Danny. It's cold for October here. Nothing like Nevada. With a warm smile, I position myself in front of my playful toddler.   

"Rawr, rawr! Dino-saur!" Danny growls as he plays with the toys surrounding him. 

"You wanna play cars?" My hand extends for a toy car but I'm stopped when I feel a large hand encompass  mine.

"I'll beat you in the race!" Danny shouts competitively, making Elaine giggle.

The hand snakes around my waist and then I feel him sit beside me. He caresses my cheek with his lips before whispering,

"Tonight?" 

Ian keeps making plans for us to have "alone time" but every time he mentions it I fake sick. Truth is I'm not ready for that. I'm not ever going to be ready because I refuse to betray Jared like that. Even if he isn't alive. 

"I'm not-" I stop my protest when I'm cut off by a familiar voice.

"Let's go out to dinner! As a whole family this time," Elaine beams suddenly. She notices my squirming and has saved me. 

"That's a great idea!" I say just as eagerly. Truth is, Danny and I never leave the house because Ian refuses to let us leave. He says it's to protect us, but I know better.

"What?" Ian peers at her with question in his emerald eyes. I feel a small pinch on my waist before I go back to my task of playing with Dannt. Stay out of it Ava, mind your own business.

"We can go out," She explains while standing up. Her russet eyes glowing from her passionate persistence.

"No," a firm response from a cunning, quick tempered Ian.

During these past few months I have been the obedient little housewife he wants and I'm not letting Elaine mess that up. As bad as I want to go out and seek proper help, I have to keep in mind that I need to gain his trust first.

"But," She sighs frustratedly, "Ava has been really devoted, compliant. Dutiful, even. She's kept this home in top order and keeps meals prepared for you and Danny." 

My head is down but I still manage to smile at Elaine's efforts. She's been helping me with everything too. 

"No mother, Ava was fine staying in before and she will be fine now. I'll call in an order." He stands then asks,

"What's the choice for dinner?" 

Danny is watching quietly and attentively while I stare in astonishment. Ian is giving me a  sharp, crafty smile. Like he knows what I intend on doing once I'm out of here. Soon, Danny and I will be out of here.

"What do you want, buddy?"

He smirks at me before we hear Danny's thrilled shout, 

"Pizza!"

#

Unedited

**Note: Italics means thoughts. Bold italics means dreams. Bold means flashbacks. 

I know it's a weird way to end a chapter but I felt like it'd be boring if I continued. As you know, I don't really believe in filler chapters so even though nothing too major happened, everything is still important. You notice how everyone's acting differently? Elaine is acting sensible, Ian is more considerate, and Ava is more compliant. Also notice the key word: acting. hehe ;) Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for the short length but I have work at 8a.m. 

Vote, comment, fan! Thanks xoxo