f i v e

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

He watches as I move closer, not taking a step, I watch his jaw tense as he analyses me.

"Am I interrupting?" I ask, the air somehow tense as his eyes bore into mine, I watch as his jaw tenses and he shakes his head no. I take it as a sign to sit down by the waterfall, every single movement observed.

He brings a joint between his lips and breathes it in, the light glow of the blunt and the sizzling of the burning substance creating a melody alongside the rush of water down the waterfall. He passes it towards me and I take it from him, breathing the poison into my lungs as a great comfort settles in every single cell of my body, we pass it back and forth for a while, watching the glistening of the water.

This stranger, is objectively incredibly attractive, in every sense of the word, he looks as though, every aspect of him was carved with perfection and purpose by only the finest fabrics.

I want to make conversation, yet I find a peace in our silence, and any words I want to say seem to hang dry, just passing on the seemingly potent spliff, a euphoric feeling spreading across my body as the grass looks greener and each water droplet shines even brighter. His eyes don't break contact with mine, a tension contrasting to the strong calm sense setting within me. Where I am just dull clouds, he looks as though to be an inviting storm.

Before I know it, the space between us closes, his breath tickling on against my neck, a concoction of alcohol and weed consuming my senses. The so-called tension I mentioned becoming tense enough to be cut by a knife.

"What's your name?" I find myself whispering, the words barely being able to croak out in a decent manner. But no answer prevails. His eyes move from mine to my lips, moving in closer.

Now, normally I wouldn't dare reciprocate in certain activities, such as going into kiss random strangers, attractive strangers I might add, however I think there's a certain beauty to sharing something with someone you don't know, no extra baggage, no emotional connection, and also, in this occasion, I go with the motto, you really and truly only live once, and if everything goes to shit, I can blame it on the cannabis and THC running through my veins, simple really.

My eyes flutter shut, and though I cannot see, his breathe and presence make my view crystal clear, his lips ever-so close to mine, a growing sensation in my stomach.

And then, nothing, absolutely nothing, when I open my eyes, I am isolated by the water, the only reminder of the grey eyed boy are the ashes that he had flicked onto the grass. I laugh at my pathetic self, as I lay across the grass, I can't seem to take what happened seriously, probably due to the foreign substance running through my veins.

After what could be hours, or simply a few minutes, I stand up, feeling more grounded as I come down from the peak of the high, and head back towards the loud music.