2. Serendipity

"Anne? You okay?" Ryan asked as I held Jackson's stare-stare that told me he was just as surprised to see me as I was to see him.

How the hell did this happen? Jackson was British. He had a different last name. Brothers? My head was spinning as I replayed the previous night in my mind...in vivid detail. I couldn't stop hearing the sound of that thick British accent whispering in my ear-commanding me to do what he said. Even now I could feel his hands on my body. Christ...Just remembering the feeling of him thrusting deep inside of me nearly had me moaning.

The expression on Jackson's face told me he knew exactly what I was thinking about. His expression also gave me the impression that he was very interested in repeating the events of last night.

He stuck out his hand and offered it to me. "It's nice to meet you," he said with a knowing smile.

God, why did he have to be so fucking good-looking? His smile alone was a panty-dropper. "You, too." I looked from Ryan to Jackson. "So, brothers? I'm surprised we haven't met already."

Well, we did. Vigorously.

Ryan laughed. "Well, we've been estranged. He grew up in London. It's a long story." Ryan glanced to the front door as someone walked in. "You guys talk," he said to me and Jackson, "some new people are here."

After Ryan left, Jackson looked at me and I turned and started to walk away. I needed to be anywhere else right now. Perhaps in another city or state. Maybe another planet. Venus is habitable, right?

The sound of heavy footsteps behind me indicated he had followed. Even without the sound of his footsteps, my body seemed to know whenever he was near.

Once he caught up to me, he reached for my hand and stopped me in my tracks. "So, Anne, is it?"

Don't let him affect you, I reminded myself. "Anne is my middle name. I don't know why Ryan calls me that. I hate it." Ryan does a lot of things I hate and that's why I'm so trapped in this relationship. If it weren't for the sake of our parents, I wouldn't be in this situation.

"Good. I definitely prefer princess," he replied in a throaty voice.

A shiver went down my spine at the nickname. Change the subject, Harper. "What about you? Jackson Reese. Is that your real name?"

"Yes. Jay is a nickname."

"And you grew up in London?" God, was this an interrogation?

Jackson took one of the flutes of champagne the waiter offered him before he answered me. "We're half-brothers. Same father, different mothers. My mom gave me her last name."

I remained quiet for a few seconds. I couldn't stop staring at his face, trying to make sense of this new information. I was completely overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed by this arranged marriage. I was overwhelmed by the fact that I broke a big rule last night. Unknowingly, but still. And also, I was very overwhelmed by Jackson Reese.

"Listen," I said, trying not to look at him, "can we just pretend last night didn't happen? I don't know you and you don't know me." I meant it, even though I wanted nothing more than to get to know him. The way he handled my body last night was engraved in my mind. Ryan could never make me feel that way or make me come as many times as Jackson had. After witnessing what he was capable of, I didn't think anyone could.

A low chuckle escaped him. "Oh, princess. On the contrary. I got to know you very well last night. More than once if memory serves."

Oh, God. Unfortunately, he was right. My body heated and my hands started to shake. Our night of passion went well into the early morning. I remembered clearly what happened after the first tryst. I told him I wanted more. I basically begged him for it. He started kissing his was down my body, and he reminded me about my "one night" rule. What did I say to that? The sun isn't up yet. And hen we had mind-blowing sex until sunrise. But I refused to allow myself to think about that. Well, I was going to try not to. "Look-"