Bonus Chapter #2: Aleksei & Yerik

Start from the beginning

"Oo, Yerik," Yasmine called to the mysterious man, "Can you pack two eclairs for Alpha Aleksei? I'm going to go get one of mama's cinnamon buns." 

His head popped up, and a small smirk formed on my lips as his moss-green eyes met mine. 

Found you, my mate.

Contrary to my confident appearance on the outside, I was swamped with emotion on the inside. My heart was thumping against my rib cage a million miles per minute, and my stomach was not just roaring with hunger anymore.

Yerik was beyond the looks of any man I had ever seen before. He had curly brown hair that was the color of the chocolate frosting on his precious eclairs and sharp features that were softened just a bit by the sweetness in his green eyes. 

"It's on the house by the way," Yasmine said to me as she whirled around into the kitchen, leaving me and my mate, who seemed very nervous all of a sudden. 

Maybe he didn't expect to be mated to a male.

I ignored the sting of that thought and stared at him as he handled the eclairs gingerly, imagining what it would be like to be held in his large hands.

And now I'm jealous of a dessert.

"Yerik, right?" I said, leaning my forearms on the display case.

His shoulders tightened as if he was surprised by my question, "Yes, Alpha."

"Call me Aleksei. You are my mate."

I guess my blunt statement caught him off guard because he straightened and rushed back to the kitchen, nearly knocking his head on his door frame in his hurry.

I blinked, taken aback by his exit, and frowned as Yasmine returned with a confused look on her face.

"Here's your order, Alpha," she said, bagging the cinnamon bun and handing it to me.

I slapped a twenty on the counter, "Where did Yerik go?"

"He went to take the trash out, Alpha. Is something wrong?" 

I shook my head at her terrified expression, "No, don't worry about it. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Of course, Alpha. It will be a pleasure to have you back."

I smiled and nodded at her, glancing at the door to the kitchen one last time before making my exit.

If my mate thought I was going to leave him alone after his cold shoulder, he was wrong. 

I was going to give this all or muffin.

***

Five days later, I found myself in an awful mood and chopping wood to try to release my frustration.

The only issue was that I had no idea what I was doing, and the wood was being cut up into uneven pieces.

There was a reason why I let Alrik deal with the wood.

I huffed and tossed the logs into the pile of other skewed chunks.

My frustration had grown with every failed visit to the bakery where I made no progress with Yerik.

For such an enormous man, he sure knew how to stay out of sight.

Every time I had gone in, he was either throwing out the trash or out on an "emergency ingredient run". Yasmine, who I discovered was his sister, was not a good liar, and I knew the moment she stammered out some ridiculous excuse for the third time, that Yerik had a deeper issue than just being afraid of being mated to a man.

If only I knew what was keeping him from me.

I raised the ax above my head again only to freeze when a twig snapped behind me. The sweet smell of baked goods overwhelmed my senses, and I put the ax down slowly, waiting for him to approach me even though I didn't look back.

The dead leaves crunched under his feet as he walked closer. 

"Your technique could use some work," he said softly, the deep timbre of his voice sending shivers down my spine.

I bit back a smile, "What do you suggest?" 

"Spread your legs. Arms above your head."

"Yes, sir. Should I get on my knees, sir?"

He ignored me, but I could hear his sharp intake of breath.

"Distribute your weight evenly."

I wanted to make another smart remark, but I decided to stay quiet and not scare him off when he had said more in the last thirty seconds than he had to me since we met. 

So with a smirk playing on my lips, I did as he said and brought the ax down swiftly and created a clean cut in the log.

"That was good. You pick up quick," he stated.

I dropped the ax and ripped my gloves off, finally turning around to face him, "Yeah, I can pick up a lot of things, but apparently, I can't pick up my mate."

Immediately, his eyes darted over my shirtless torso and down to the ground, and his hands were shoved into the pockets of his sweats.

"You've been avoiding me. Why?" I asked, trying not to admire his physique.

"I wasn't sure what to make of you. You didn't seem disgusted by me and–"

"Who would be disgusted by you?" 

He cleared his throat, "My first mate."

A growl escaped my lips at the hurt in his voice, "Then he or she is a blind idiot."

To think that someone could have the audacity to make someone so large feel so small.

"He," Yerik muttered, "It was a he, and he didn't want to be mated to a man. "

"Well, I'll thank my lucky stars that he was a fucktard. I always had a feeling I would have an Alpha by my side instead of a Luna, even if I don't mind either."

Yerik's lips curved into a beautiful smile that made his eyes glow with hope, "So?"

I shrugged and raised my hands in surrender, "Hey, I'm yours if you'll have me. My balls are in your court now. Take them or toss them."

He rolled his eyes at the insinuation and stepped forward, gripping my chin with one hand.

My stomach tightened, "Does this mean you're not tossing my balls out? Because I need verbal confirmation bef–"

"For heaven's sake, be silent. You are mine now," he muttered and leaned over, pressing his warm lips against mine.

These two make my heart warm. I know a lot of you want a story on them, but I just don't know what to write. I would if I could, but at the moment, I have no plot. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little scene! And the muffin pun 😂

I'll see you guys in a little bit for the chapter coming out on Christmas!

LOVE YOU ALL *MWAH*