XXVI. The she-devil

Mulai dari awal

    "Well, we've been avoiding him. Why? What's going on?" 

     "No clue, but i would love it if you and twin B could find out for me." He said sweetly into the phone.

    "Okay, I'll tr-" 

 "Come on, he's here." Elena says from the door. 

       "Okay. I gotta go, Twin B and your brother awaits." I sigh. 

     "Have fun with the Mystic Queen, i know i did." I scoff, hanging up. 

     "Who was that?" Elena asks. 

"Damon." 

___________________________

     I internally groan as we walk up to the school, "Why did i agree to this?" I groan. 

      "Because you're the Mystic Princess, and Caroline's the queen, and she said so." Elena laughed. So if you win Miss Mystic, you're the Mystic queen, the runner up, I.E, me, Is the Mystic Princess. 
    I give her a sarcastic smile as we walk towards the cafeteria. It's pretty loud in here due to all the students here to help for extra credit and community service hours. 

    "You're in a good mood today." Stefan laughs. 

"You two swear like it's impossible for me to not be a bitch." I laugh. 

    "It is." They say in sync. I look forward, seeing Alaric walking up to us. "Hey... Mr. Saltzman?" I say awkwardly. 

    "We need to talk." 

_____________________ 

     I stand there, looking out the window, my arms crossed, clearly pissed. The door opens but i don't turn around, i know it's Damon, Stefan and Alaric said he had to know to protect us, but they wouldn't let me call him. 
    "Damon, thanks for coming." 

"Sorry, 'm later. The dog ate my, uh... nevermind." It's silent for a second and i can feel Damon's eyes on me. "What's with all the furrowed brows?" 

      "I saw Isobel last night." I clench my jaw at Ric's words, letting out a shaky breath. 

     "Isobel's here? In town?" He asks shocked. I can still feel Damon's gaze on my back, but i refuse to turn around. I can hear Damon's footsteps coming closer to me, and he leans on the bookshelf, next to me. "Did you ask her about John? Are they working together?" 

   "No." Alaric sighs. 

"No, they're not?" 

       "No, i didn't ask." 

"What about the invention?" Damon asks with a sigh. 

    "Didn't ask." 

"Does she know about the tomb of vampires?" 

      "I don't know." 

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon seethes. 

      "No, i was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions." Alaric glares. 

    "What did she want?" Damon asks. 

   "To see us," I tell him, turning my head to look at him. "She wants to see Elena and i." Damon's eyes widen and he looks over to Alaric. 

    "Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting," Stefan explains further. "We don't know why or what she wants." 

    "You don't have to see her if you don't want to." He tells me, standing up and putting his hand on the small of my back.