2

AMELIAS POV
I was sitting with Link at lunch and he was so cute. I saw Owen walk in and I knew it was him because it immediately caught my eye. I looked up from my salad and he looked at me. I immediately froze and then looked back down.
"You okay?" Link asked.
"Yeah," I said. He turned and saw Owen walk in.
"Did he say something to you?" Link asked.
"No," I said, "no he didn't say anything."
"Good," Link said.
"So how's your day?" I asked.
"It was good," he said, "what about yours?" When he asked that my mind went to Owen.
"Oh it was good," I said.
"That's good," he said. His pager went off and I frowned.
"I'll see you later?" I asked.
"Yeah I'll text you," he said and pecked my lips. He got up and walked down the hall. I looked up from my salad and saw Owen. He was looking right at me and I froze again. He got up and started walking over and I felt myself get nervous.
"Hey," I said as he sat down.
"Hey," he said.
"Whatcha up to?" I asked.
"Nothing much, shift is almost done," he said.
"Lucky," I said.
"What about you?" He said.
"Shift ends at 8," I said.
"That's unfortunate," he said.
"Yeah," I shrugged.
OWENS POV
I was finishing a chart when I heard Miranda Bailey call my name.
"Hunt?" She said as she walked up next to me.
"Yeah? What's up?" I said.
"Can you come into my office?" She asked.
"Sure," I said. She opened her office door and Amelia was sitting in one of the chairs next to Arizona. Amelia looked up and then looked back down at her phone. I sat down next to Arizona and Bailey walked behind her desk.
"So I need you three down in Southern California Memorial Hospital tomorrow night for an emergency surgery, the plane will leave tomorrow morning and the surgery should take around 6 hours," Bailey said, "I have emailed all of you surgical details and travel information."
"Thank you," the three of us said. She got paged to the ER and so did Arizona so that left Amelia and I. She looked over at me and she looked nervous.
"You okay?" I asked.
"I hate planes," she said, "I hate flying, especially in super small planes."
"Oh," I frowned, "well I'll be there if you need anything."
"Yeah," she said.
AMELIAS POV
I was now at Link's apartment for dinner and I was telling him about my surgery tomorrow.
"So you and Owen are going?" He said.
"And Arizona," I said.
"They can't send Derek?" He said, he sounded jealous.
"You sound jealous," I said.
"I just don't like him," Link said.
"Makes two," I chuckled. He chuckled and I smiled.
"What time does your flight leave?" Link asked.
"4am," I said.
"Do you want me to drive you to the airport?" Link asked.
"Oh Arizona and I were gonna just carpool so we had one car at the airport," I said.
"Okay," Link said. I looked at the time and it was almost 9.
"Hey sorry but it's kinda late, and I need to get sleep for tomorrow," I said and got up. He got up with me and kissed me softly.
"Good night Amelia," he said, "good luck tomorrow."
"Thank you," I smiled, "good night." I kissed him again before leaving. I started driving to my house when my phone rang. At a red light I looked at it and it was Owen. I figured I'd call him back when I get back to my apartment. I pulled into a parking spot and called Owen back.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said, "how are you getting to the airport tomorrow?"
"Arizona is picking me up," I said, "you want in too?"
"Yeah," he chuckled, "I don't wanna drive."
"I mean you can come over at 1 when she's getting me," I suggested.
"1 is so early," he chuckled.
"Unless you want to just come over now," I suggested.
"You don't mind?" He asked.
"No," I said, "it's probably easier anyway."
"Okay," he said, "I'll be over in 10."
"Okay," I said. I unlocked my apartment and my mind was racing. Did I really just ask Owen to spend the night?