Chapter 8: A Crying Heart

Simon's P.O.V

I sat hunched on Al's bed. How?.... How was I supposed to tell Linda and Robert? By the time I had let out all my frustration and anger I was drained of energy. Delvia had left and I was by myself again, by myself to think about my loss of my best friend, my best friend who I didn't get to express my feelings to.

I heard a knock on the door an Linda peered around it. "Hey sweetie want some... are you okay darling?" she asked me once she saw my crumpled and miserable state.

I turned away from her guiltily. "I'm fine." I managed to croak out.

Linda trod lightly towards me her concerned face peering down at me. "Darl, you know that you can always tell me what's going on right?"

I nodded my head glumly. I heard footseps walk out of the room and released a deep sigh, that was close. The book lay on the ground where I had flung it, its pages folding where it pressed to the floor. If Al was here she would be scolding me for destroying the 'beautiful pages of one amazing book', she would do so with on hand on her waist and the other pointing at me with her index finger.

My heart leapt and ached the moment I thought about her. Walking over to the fallen book I picked it up and willed Delvia to come through.

"Delvia, please come back." I whispered.

The book glowed and Delvia stepped out. She turned to face me, her face pinched with worry and frustration. Although her eyes held a glimmer of hope.

"Simon, I have been invited to a royal ball in the Palace of Riverria tonight. I'll try to ask around for Alina."

"Really? You'd do that?" I asked her hopefully.

"That's the least I could do."

Guilt gnawed at my guts, I thought that maybe Delvia thought that she responsible for Al's disappearance. I wanted to make sure that she didn't feel that way.

"Um.. hey Delvia, I just wanted to tell you, you shouldn't feel responsible for Al being gone okay? Or that there's really nothing that I can do to bring her back."

I heard a sharp intake of breath coming from behind the door and before I could turn around Linda was barrelling back into the room tears threatening to overflow from her eyes. She stopped in the middle of the room eyes flicking from me to Delvia.

"It's not true right?" Linda enquired timidly. "Simon?" She asked again before bursting into fits of hysteria.

Delvia stepped forward and patted Linda's back, "Madam I do not believe that it is a lost cause just yet."

Al's mum peered from behind her hands and gave a soft nod. Delvia contiued talking, "I'm going to a ball in the royal palace tonight and I'll try to find out as much information about you daughter as I can."

"Thank you," Linda croaked broken-heartedly.

Delvia turned back to face me, "I'll get back to you as fast as I can Simon. I know how important she is to you." Then she touched the book and disappeared.

"Please let my angel be alright." Linda whispered.

I bowed my head in shame. I knew I should have said something about it, but I just couldn't bring myself to break Al's parents' hearts more than they already were.

Again I heard Linda creep out of the room and down stairs, no doubt to tell Robert what she just heard. I fell defeated onto Al's bed, my head was pounding and thoughts of never ever seeing Al speeding around my head.

Sleep consumed me and soon I was engulfed in darkness.

Al and I were riding through the neighbourhood as young naive, innocent children.

"Al hurry up! Or else I'm gonna win!" I called back to her.

I heard Al giggle and peddle faster, "Wait Simon! Wait for me!"

I waited for her looking forward to the bright smile that she would give me when she caught up. Suddenly a scream broke me out of my dreaming and looked bakwards alarmed. I would recognise Al's screams anywhere. She had been pushed off her bike by the one and only bully of our town.

Jake.

A feral growl, that I didn't even thought I could produce escaped from my mouth. I hurriedly clambered off my bike and luanched myself at the asshole who would dare to hurt my girl.

"What's wrong lover-boy? What's got you knickers in a twist eh?" Jake taunted roughly forcing Al up to him by pulling her hair.

"Ow! Stop! Your hurting me!"  She cried.

At that moment I saw red. The only thing that registered in my brain was the fact that somebody had hurt my girl and now they were going to pay for it.

I drove punch after punch into Jake's body, feeling the satisfication that it gave to hear his wails and moans. In the background I faintly heard a girl's vioce telling me stop.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!! You'll kill him!"

I ignored the voice, heh, let him be killed, I thought, he deserves to die!

Then sobs filled my ears, pitiful sobs coming from someone afraid and my mind clicked into action. My actions were immediate. My punches stopped and the red cleared. I stared down at the briused and battered body of Jake that laid beneath me, my ears tuned to the sound of sobbing coming from beside me.

I turned and my stomach churned. There right next to me was Al, crumpled on the ground, her hands covering her ears, tears leaking from her eyes that were clamped shut. Wails coming from out of her trembling lips.

"Al, are you okay?" I croaked. "Al I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do this! It just happened! Al listen to me! You have to believe me! PLEASE! AL!!"

I crawled over to her cowering body, pulling her close to me, rocking her gently back and forth, all the while mumbling, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She ducked her head into my chest pulling and tugging at my shirt as cries whracked her body in spasms.

"I-I-..I- th-thought that you were going to get hur-er-t.. You're such an idiot you know? Don't ever do that again! Especially not for me!"

That was when I realised.. realised that I would do anything to keep my girl safe and protected and out of harm.

"i'd do anything for you my Al... Anything," I whispered to her as her sobs stopped and turned into slight hiccups.

My Al... where are you?....Come back to me....

Hey guys! That's the 8th chapter! I'm really, really, really, really, really sorry that I didn't update sooner. I really wanted to but I just couldn't find anything to write about! So.. what's your opinions on Simon? I really want you guys to tell me how I'm going with this book so please COMMENT, VOTE,LOVE OR HATE!! Remember anything is better than nothing! Thank you for reading another chapter of this book and not giving up! Love you guys! (Runs away waving dramatically.)