Chapter 7: A Royal fake or a fake Royal?

Alina's P.O.V

Three days after Helena had left to meet King Dominic I was still moping around the palace. Then two days later Logan came knocking on the queen's chamber. He demanded that he teach me the proper etiquette and behaviour of a queen. When I asked him why, he said that King Dominic's younger brother, Nicolas was coming to the palace.

* * * * *

"Ahhhhhhhh! WHAT THE HECK!!!!" I yelled as the stack of books on my head toppled to the ground bringing me down with them.

"Quiet your highness." Logan scolded, reaching to help me to my feet.

"I'll consider being quiet if you don't ever make me balance 10 million books on my head like a hat!" I argued and poked out my tongue.

He looked at me with shock amusement written all over his face. "Seriously your majesty, that is most unladylike."

"Seriously your majesty, that is most unladylike." I imitated him "Wait... how do you know how to be ladylike? You're a gentleman." I smirked. "What would you know about being a lady? You're not the one who has to ride the cri-" I bit the words back, burning with embarrassment.

Noticing my discomfort, Logan cleared his throat, "Shall we move on to dancing Alina?"

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him call me by my real name. "Uh- hhhuu... Umm," I sound like a spluttering idiot. "We shall."

Classical Riverria music played in the background as Logan and I danced. It wasn't much different from any of the Mozart, Bach or Schubert classics which was reassuring in a way becuase it made me feel like I was more at home. By now I had gotten used to walking in the long beautiful, regal but annoying gowns that reached the floor, however dancing....not so much.

The moment I took a step back, I, being the clumsy person that I was, trod on the beautiful gown and slipped. It was quite the show really, at least that's what Logan said. The poor gentleman he really, really was doing his best not to laugh at me, I swear his face went purple because he was trying so hard to hold his laughter in. Apparently when I was falling the hem of the gown was thrown up, along with the extra tresses. My heels fell off and I landed in "a puddle of golden gown". That must've been quite a show.

"Um.. your highness, King Dominic's younger brother, Prince Nicolas has come to meet you. I have greeted him and he is now waiting for you in the throne room. It would best of you to see to him immediately." One of Helena's maids' of honour imformed me.

"Yes, inform Prince Nicolas that I will be right with him." I answered back curtly, internally patting myself on the back for making such a royally polite statment. I watched as the maid disappeared and looked at Logan.

"Very well said, "your highness"", he said as he bowed."Shall we be on our way, "your highness"?"

"Ahem. Enough of your comments, dripping with sarcasm, or I shall have your head."

At my statement Loagn looked truelly mortified. "I-I- I uhmm...."

I Iaughed at his discomfort, don't take that the wrong way. I'M NOT A SADIST!! "I'm just joking Logan, no need to be so scared." I replied seriously.

He threw me a look of confusion but offered me his arm.

The two of us "flew" to the throne room.

A young man around 20 years of age was seated on a red velvet covered chair, waiting for an audience with me. He had fair hair that was shaved short, green-brown eyes and wore one of those classic prince clothes, a red blazer/jacket with 5 medals pinned on the breast pocket. Golden disks dangling with golden strips were perched on either of his shoulders.

"Ah... your fair highness, who might you be?" He asked narcisstically the moment he laid his eyes on me. "You are certainly not Queen Helena."

Panic filled within me and I felt myself losing consciousness. I looked back at Logan for assisstance, but saw that he too had a look of shocked panic all over his face.

"I beg your pardon Prince Nicolas, how dare you address me that way?!" I said as calmly as possible.

Nicolas looked around before speaking, "I know that you're not Helena, she's at my brother's palace right now."

"How in the name of the cow did you know that?"

"Meh, my brother is the fiancee of Helena... so yeah." He replied. "So exactly who are you again?"

"How would I know you're being legit-" I stopped realising that I was soounding too casual. "Mhmmm, how would I know you are being legitimate?'

"Ummm.. you mean apart from the fact that I just told you that my brother is King Dominic?"

"Yes."

"I could call my brother and tell him to talk to you to confirm it?" He quereied.

"NO!!" I quickly corrected myself and said, "Ahem I mean no, that won't be necessary, thank you."

"You're definitely not Queen Helena because, one she would never make outbursts like you did, two Helena has known me since I was little so she would definitely recognise me and three if you were Queen Helena I would be attracted to you in a sibling way and that's not the way I'm attracted to you." He listed all the reasons why I'm not Queen Helena in one breath his cheeks tinging a peach colour while he said the last one.

"Alright, point taken." I sighed dropping my royal act.

"There we go, now that's a more fitting personality for you." Nicolas complimented.

"Erk-hem, Nicolas can you please refrain from flirting with her, even though she isn't Helena, she still has to fulfill all the positions of a Queen while Helena is away." Logan ordered not coldy.

"Jealous are we? Logan?" Nicolas smirked before his face darkened and growled, "Know your place guard."

Logan left the room waiting for me outside of the doorway, but not before he sent Nicolas an icy glare.

I clearded my throat breaking the awkward silence between the prince and I, resuming the tone of a Queen I turned to Nicolas and spoke, none too kindly, "I trust you to find your way around the palace then, now if you'll excuse me I have much work to attend to."

"Wait, but who are you?"

When I reached Logan he offered me his arm and once again I found myself being dragged down the seemingly endless corridor that I have grown use to walking down, Nicolas's unanswered question echoing around it.

Before you guys say anything : Sorry, sorry, sorry, I kinda lost inspiration on what to write so... yea. But it's not like you read the author's messages. But please check-out my profile. :) Luv ya all! I'll try, (NOTE: TRY) my best to update more requently.