Chapter 4: Delvia

Simon P.O.V

It had been two days since Al had disappeared into that No Named book. I felt like I was dying already. I hadn't left her house since that day and Linda and Robert didn't mind my presence. I hadn't left her room either. Except only when I needed to go to the toilet or get food, which Linda normally sent up to me. I knew that I should be going to school but I when I told my parents what had happened they had let me off and informed the school.  A void silence filled the house most of the day save for the occassional sob coming from Linda. Never had I ever heard silence quite this loud.

Right now I sat on her bed with the No Named book in front of me. I opened it to the page with the picture on it and copied exactly what Al had done. I carefeully traced the outlines of the noble family. I felt a small static shock and knew that what I was doing was right. As I finished tracing the mother's silk gown the bright, blinding light surrounded me, trapping me. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Nothing. I was still in Al's bedroom. 

There was a creak of the floor boards and I looked up from the book. In front of me stood a lady with soft blonde hair tied back into a neat bun, but some had escaped the crystal clasp and lay in silky tendrils at the base of her throat. Her crystal blue eyes pierced as I stared into them, then down to her flowing cream- white silk gown. 

My eyes widened as I realised  that she was the mother in the picture on the first page of the un-named book. I peered back at her and saw her smile at me warmly. 

"Uh..hi" I said awkwardly waving my hand around randomly. I swore I looked like a retard. "Why are you in my room? I thought that I was supposed to get sucked into the book just like my friend."

"Well, the ruler of Riverria is currently female and there is no King so only the female can enter our world  the way your friend did." She spoke to me her voice like the pealing of bells. "Oh! Call me Delvia."

"Well I'm Simon, nice to meetcha Delvia. So is there any way a guy could get into this book at the moment?"  I asked pointng down at the book as I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. Well this is awkward....

"At this moment no." She shook her head sadly, eyes twinkling with compassion.

"Well is there anything I can do that will help my friend who's in the book? Or- or a way to get her out?"

"There's no way to get her out until the Queen permits her but if you have the book... what you write in it will be what happens in Riverria."

"Really?" I heard my disbelieving tone and smiled nervously back at her.

"Yes, I believe so Simon. She is a lucky girl then."

"Alina?" I asked wondering.

"Yes. The girl your saving." She replied her tone a bit surprised. "Can I see what she looks like?"

"Well this is her room so you can probably tell what kind of person she is." My eyes landed on her jade coloured photo album. In a few long strides I reached it and took it over to Delvia. She opened the album and let out a gasp of delighted surprise. The photo was of Al and  I when we were little at the beach, the two of us were working together to build a sand castle. I smiled at the memory. 

When I saw the second photo my heart beat quickened so fast that it hurt. It was a picture of Al and I in our 'secret park' when we were 4 years old. She had her head buried in my chest. She had been crying because her best friend Katie had ditched and blackmailed her. Her beautiful ebony black hair pooled around us, back then her hair had grown down to her lower waist. I remember how it felt to touch it, it was always so soft and silky. 

 My heart gave a lurch as the memory of Al consumed me, reminding me just how far away she and I were, how much I missed her. Damn it! She's making me think like a girl now!

"Well she looks shockingly like Her Highness. Except she's not wearing royal gowns. If she was to wear one then I think people might mistaken her as Her Highness." An edge of surprise laced Delvia's tone as she commented on Al's physical appearance.

I looked down and was now faced with a picture of Al and I dressed up for our Sponsership Walkathon. The theme had been Dynamic Duos from Disney. She had dressed up as Snow White simply because she was quite pale and had ebony black hair and I had been the Prince. I couldn't help but miss those days even though she had only been gone less than a week. 

Delvia seemed to have noticed my long face and said, "Shall we get onto saving her then?"

I nodded my head that was still numb from the sudden flasbacks of Al and I. 

"Okay so", she rummaged through the dainty pockets on her gown, " Aha! Here use this," She handed me a gold ball point pen. "It's just one of my pens but it's from Riverria, so it might give you a better chance of predicting what is happening in Riverria right now. You don't have to write her name, you just have to write 'her' because your thinking of your girl while writing. But of course, you can if you want to and meed to."

I pointed the tip of the ballpoint pen onto the first unwritten page of the un named book. 'She walked through the wrought iron gate to the place beyond and gasped at the beauty of what lay before her.....' I wrote. The pen gave a jolt and moved my hand, writing, 'while she milled around the long candle lit hallway waiting for her guide to meet her, Alina peered curiously at the numerous paintings that lined the velvet walls of the castle. She....