Chapter 5: The Queen

Alina's P.O.V

Once I had arrived inside the palace and had finally gotten over the fact that it was absoletely amazing, that I should've bought a camera with me Logan dragged me into the palace and instructed me to wait for him at the lobby while he went and notified his father of his 'prescence'. So here I was pacing up and down the hallway of the palace that was lined with realistically painted portraits of what seemed like previous royals from this palalce, not that I was complaining. The portaits were stunning, the eyes of the people pierced into your soul and followed you around, a little creepy but awesome.

Logan's lean figure came into view again, he offered me his arm and lead me down the hallway. After we passed, I think four doors he finally stopped. In front of me stood a pair of huge red, gold,green and blue double doors. He rapped at the doors three times.

"Yes? Come in." A tinkling voice answered from behind the door.

Logan carefully pushed the doors open revealing a lavishly designed throne room. Everything inside was so elegant and grand, even down to the little six by six tiles on the ground. At the farthest end of the room sat three thrones, each with a gold frame and velvet red seats. Seated on the middle and highest chair was a goregeous girl dressed in an elaborate gold and white gown that swept down to her feet. A golden white crown that perched on her head glistened in the light. She looked up from reading a book and smiled a genuine warm smile.

I felt at rest already.

"Logan. What brings you here?" The girl asked.

"Your highness," Logan bowed deeply. "It seems an unusual event has occurred your highness."

Her Highness arched a perfectly shaped eyebrow in surprise, "An unusual event?"

"Yes," he gestured to me.

"Hey!" I whined, "I'm not an event!"

"Your arrival was just unexpected, that's all." Logan answered tonelessly.

"Oh! Well don't the two of us look identical!" Her Highness clapped her hands together in delight.

She got up from the throne and walked towards me. "Come."

She dragged me to a mirror and I stared at my reflection along with her's. We did look shockingly identical. Dress me up in her clothes and I would look exactly the same. We had the same ebony black hair with a heart shaped feminine face and sparkling, unique jade eyes. Our blood red lips identical in every curve and angle.

She took me and sat me down on the middle throne and squatted in front of me. "My name is Helena, I'm the Queen of Riverria. I have to go away for a while, to Antasia, my neighbouring country and meet my fiance, King of Antasia. Can you pretend to be me until I come back? Please.."

I looked away contemplating whether or not to do it. "Helena! What do you mean you're going away?" Logan demanaded in an authoritive tone.

"I have to meet Dominic," Helena said.

"Why can't you just ask him to come?"

"Because I want to go and see his kingdom."

Helena looked back at me her eyes pleading.

"Fine." I grumbled.

"Hey it won't be all that bad, you get to wear silk clothes and eat awesome food everyday. You get to sit on that throne and read eveyerday until I come back." She chatted excitedly.

It did sound like a life of luxury so why not. "Okay."

Logan looked at me mouth agape and eyes wide. I shrugged my shoulders. Meh. Helena then turned to Logan. "Hey Logan can you be her assisstant and tell her about the ways of being a queen? Your help is greatly appreciated! I'll leave tomorrow."

Logan bowed deeply and nodded curtly. Then Helena turned to look at me. "Come on let's go to my room." With that she dragged my lightly by the arm and walked me towards a pearl-pink coloured door. She pushed it open with I hand and strode in. I trailed after her.

Helena's room was huge. It was like the size of my house! The walls were painted a light egg-shell colour. Pearl-pink curtains were drawn back to reveal a lovely view of Riverria that could be seen through the ceiling to floor length windows. At the far end of Helena's room there was a king sized bed with a pink cover that had gold-linings. A huge walk-in-wardobe the size of my master bedroom at home contained rows and rows of silk gowns for all different occassions. Numerous shoes sat, neatly lined on the floor of the wardobe. In the middle of the walk-in-wardobe there was a huge glass case and when I stepped forward I realised it was a case for all of Helena's jewelry.

I squeaked and jumped backwards away from the glass case in case I damaged anything. As I stepped back into the main part of the room I noticed the en-suite. Inside there was a massaging bath tub and shower. Even the toilet looked grand and unaffordable. Pinkish towels hung on silver hangers attached to the walls. I was in absolute heaven. The flooring for the whole room was heated. There was 65 inch TV in front of the bed. I took little notice of it and squealed with joy.

Book cases lined the rest of the room with a windowsill perfect for perching and reading on. I skipped towards the book cases and saw that all the books were arranged in alphabetical order. I reached the Green section and saw all the John Green books that John Green had ever written. I was escstatic as I pulled out Papertowns and walked over to the windowsill to read.

I heard the melodic laugh of Helena and dropped the book in surprise. "I see you've made yourself right at home already! Good job!"

I nodded and smiled shyly back at her. "Well I'd better be making arrangements for tomorrow! Feel free to use anything in here! My room is your room!"

"Bye Helena!" I called and went back to reading.

"See ya!"

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I craned my neck and hissed as it cracked. I looked up at the clock pinned to the wall in front of me and my eyes widened. It was 7'oclock already?! I quickly dashed into Helena's wardobe and chose what I thought looked like the cheapest dress plus under garments and rushed inside the en-suite.

I turned on the shower and stood under it lavishing in the hot water and hummed to myself. I was in there for a while before I decided to finish off. I stepped onto the fluffly pinkish floor towel and squeezed my toes feeling the warmth radiating from the tiled floor.

I dressed in the light baby blue coloured dress that I had chosen and walked out. I pulled the door open and ran straight into someone's chest. I looked up to see Logan staring down at me amusement evident on his face.

"Good Evening my Queen I'm here to escort you down to dinner, " he said and bowed deeply. I giggled childishly and accepted Logan's out stretched arm.

Hey, please vote and comment! I'd love to see how you feel about what I''ve written so far! Thank you so much for reading! Keep reading!