24 | no one would know

Jovie was thankful that she was skilled in navigation. She paused a few times to gather her surroundings and take a break before continuing on. She would be lying if she said she wasn't getting more nervous the further she got into enemy territory. She had no idea what to expect.

When Jovie finally reached one of the entrances to Mount Weather, she started putting on an act. It was the only way she could think of to get them to let her in. She began banging on the door.

"Someone help!" She cried out, pretending like she was hurt. When she heard someone on the other side, she collapsed to the ground as she pretended to pass out. All she could do was hope that someone would open the door and let her right in. She tried to control her breathing as she heard the door creak open.

"Quick, bring her in," she heard one of the men say. She let her body fall limp as the other man scooped her up to bring her in. She could feel that he was wearing a hazmat suit.

"You think she's one of them?" The man asked as he carried her into Mount Weather.

"She has to be. Someone has to go let Cage know," his partner said. "You bring her to the room. I'll go get Cage." Jovie tried to remain as relaxed as she could while the man brought her to a room. He placed her down onto a cot before leaving the room. She waited a few minutes before slowly opening her eyes. She saw that she was in a completely white room. It was evident that this was not where her friends were so she could only hope that after they got whoever Cage was, they would bring her to them. She sat up on the bed and a couple minutes later the door opened again. A man with dark hair walked in. He looked skeptical as he looked over at Jovie.

"I need your help." She wasn't quite sure the best approach to this. She hadn't really thought of much of a plan because she didn't know what to expect once she was in. The only thing that she had planned was how she was going to get inside Mount Weather. At this point she was taking it as it came. "I'm Jovie. Who are you?"

"My name is Cage," he said. "How did you find this place?"

"I'm looking for my friends," she said, which was true. It was clear he didn't trust her. That was okay because she didn't trust him either. She just had to pretend she did if she wanted any shot at finding her people. "Have you seen them?" He didn't answer her for a while as he tried to figure out what her motive was. He must have decided it was a bad motive because of what he said next.

"Do your friends include Clarke Griffin?" He asked. She hesitated. He had to know that Clarke escaped. How she answered next could be risky. In the end she just ended up giving a short nod, hoping she didn't seem too suspicious. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work. He seemed to know without her even saying anything. "Yeah, I've seen her. And so have you."

"I haven't. That's why I'm looking for her," she lied.

"What do you know?" He demanded. Clearly no matter what she said, he already thought she was here as an enemy... which she was.

"I don't know anything," she said, trying to appear as honest as she could. "Please, you need to help me."

"I can't help you, Jovie," he said. "But you can help us." Jovie's hands formed into fists as she stood across from the man. At this point there was no reason to pretend anymore. He already knew what she was here for. She just had to make sure he didn't know about Bellamy. She came in to act as a distraction so that was what she was going to be.

"I know you have my people. Just bring me to them," she finally snapped. A smirk lifted on his lips as she finally gave in.

"You know we have your people, but they don't know we have you," he said. She could feel her heart pumping as he reminded her of that truth. Her people that were on the outside knew she was in here but they thought she was with the rest of them on the inside. Her people on the inside had no idea she was here. They could do whatever they wanted to Jovie and no one would know. "Wash her down."