16 | without putting up a fight

"What's taking them so long?" Jovie asked as she paced behind Bellamy who was kneeling next to Lincoln.

"Jo, you need to relax," Bellamy said softly as he grabbed her arm to stop her from pacing. "They're going to get here." Almost as if it were on cue, the hatch opened and Finn appeared with Abby right behind him.

"Oh, thank God," Octavia said, showing the same amount of impatience as Jovie. "Where's Clarke?"

"Trying to stop a war," Finn replied. Jovie glanced over at Nyko. He gave her a simple head nod, to which she returned. The two of them had recognized the desire for peace when she tried helping him at Tondc... before Finn ruined things. Now that Clarke had something to offer the Grounders perhaps they would be able to try for it again.

Abby made her way over to Lincoln. He was still chained up, but that didn't matter too much anymore. He was barely conscious, so he wasn't much of a threat at the moment. They still didn't know if he was going to make it out of this, but the least they could do was hope for the best.

"His pupils are unresponsive," Abby noted. "Tie off his arm. Tight as you can." Jovie hovered behind Bellamy as Octavia did as she was told, anxiously watching and waiting for the doctor to help. "Thanks to the supplies your brother found, Lincoln might have a chance." Abby's words of comfort made Jovie grip Bellamy's shoulder. At her touch he reached back and rested his hand on top of hers.

"What's that?" Octavia asked as Abby lifted a syringe.

"This will bring down his fever," she told her. Lincoln grunted as Abby injected the needle into his arm. "Hold him down." Bellamy jumped up and ran over to help Octavia hold him down. Jovie grabbed his other side as he began to convulse again.

"What's happening? Why isn't it working?" Octavia asked.

"His heart stopped," Abby said. Nyko approached as Abby began trying to restart his heart again. Jovie found herself gripping the arm that she was holding.

"Come on, Lincoln," she mumbled under her breath. "Not you too."

"You're their healer?" Abby asked Nyko. He nodded his head. "Tilt his head back. Pull his chin down to open his airway."

"Come on," Octavia whispered. By the solemn looks on everyone's faces it appeared no one believed he was going to make it. Jovie wanted to believe that he was stronger than that, but death was stronger than anyone. After a few seconds, Abby began to ease up. "You're stopping. What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," Abby said simply. "He's gone." Jovie sat back, closing her eyes as she tilted her head up in defeat.

"No, it's not possible. You're wrong!" Octavia cried out as she pushed Abby out of the way to try herself.

"Octavia," Bellamy said.

"Come back," she whispered. Bellamy reached his hand over to rest on her back as she desperately tried to resuscitate Lincoln. Jovie opened her eyes when she heard the hatch door open again, revealing Clarke. The blonde looked over to her mother who just shook her head. When a brunette with an embellishment on her head came in after Clarke, Jovie furrowed her eyebrows. She hadn't recognized this Grounder. By the look that she was giving Clarke, it was clear that she held a position of power. By the time that Jovie found Bellamy slowly starting to reach for the gun, the woman gave the order.

"Kill them all." Everyone whipped out their weapons and pointed them at each other, ready to fight.

"Please, you don't have to do this," Clarke said.

"You lied, and you're out of time," the woman spoke. It didn't take long for Jovie to realize that this had to be the Grounder's commander. The Grounders were looking to her for orders.