⠀⠀⠀» [v.p.] background

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
VERA
PÉREZ
╰━𖥔━━━━𖥔

BACKGROUND!

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

EARLY LIFE ( pre-series )

EARLY LIFE
( pre-series )

Vera Nicolet Pérez García was born of Ana García Díaz and Daniel Pérez Castillo on April 22nd, 1994. Her parents had been visiting Ana's family in the Dominican Republic at the time of her birth, so she has dual citizenship there and in the United States. Ana and Daniel moved back to their home in Beacon Hills, California after Vera was deemed old enough to fly on an airplane. Her name is simplified to Vera Pérez at school or among her friends, using her father's paternal surname as in traditional American methods of naming.

The Pérez family lived in the suburbs next to the Shire family. They had a son named Dominic who was Vera's age, so the two often had playdates together and quickly became best friends. His parents eventually had other children with whom Vera was also friends, but the Pérez family remained a family of three.

Vera has a religious background in Catholicism due to her parents. However, as their lives became busier with the supernatural, they began practicing less and Vera only loosely considers herself still religious. She believes in God but not many of the teachings of the Church.

Ana was friends with Talia Hale and therefore knew about the supernatural. The Pérez and Hale families were very close, treating each other like practical family. Talia's three children, Laura, Derek, and Cora were like siblings to Vera. She, Cora, and Dominic were in the same grade and spent nearly all of their time together. Although Dominic and Vera were sociable, Cora was known to scare other kids off even at a young age due to her intimidating nature and didn't have many other friends.

Since all of Vera's actual aunts and uncles lived abroad in their respective home countries, Vera latched onto the Hales, in particular, Peter Hale– Laura, Derek, and Cora's uncle. He was relatively young in comparison to the other family members. As a result, Vera looked up to and admired him for his so-called "coolness" and relatability. Peter often picked them up from school and even conducted their physical training. Vera was trained alongside her werewolf siblings because the Hales wanted her to be able to hold her own against other, less friendly wolves.

When Vera was seven, Deucalion, later known as the Demon Wolf, bit her father against his will in an attempt to turn him. Instead of transforming into a werewolf, Daniel's body rejected the bite. Deucalion quickly killed him with a slash to the throat to steal the remnants of his power, disgusted by the failure. He then slashed Daniel's stomach as well to ensure he wouldn't come back supernatural.