⠀⠀⠀» [c.n.] background

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
CASSIAN
NIGHTFALL
╰━𖥔━━━━𖥔

BACKGROUND!

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

BEFORE

BEFORE

Cassian Eron Nightfall was born of Rye and Laurel Nightfall on July 12 as the last of the Nightfall children. He grew up an orderly and compliant child, preferring to stay inside with books all day rather than play outside with his older sisters.

Cassian often found himself at odds with the eldest sibling, Hestia. At six years older than him, she poked fun at his introverted tendencies just as much as he joked about her obsession with boys. Ontari, the middle child, was the mediator between the two of them and stopped most of their arguments.

Outsiders would describe him as quiet, introverted, and studious. He was almost never seen without a book in his hands and spent most of his time doing schoolwork. Cassian was a relatively thin child who only became more awkward-looking once he began to grow. He never let his mother iron his clothes, causing him to constantly have a rumpled appearance.

The youngest Nightfall quickly soared to the top of his class and received excellent grades in school. He was preparing to start his apprenticeship with his father in the Peacekeeper uniform factory when Ontari was reaped for the 68th annual Hunger Games.

The family quickly became the center of attention because the middle child was constantly on television, and only grew in popularity when the other District 8 tribute died on the third day of the Games. Cassian shut himself in the house for the entirety of them.

After Ontari won, the family moved to the Victor's Village and into a much larger house. Cassian found it difficult to adjust to a whole new world where they were rich instead of an average-income family. He didn't have any friends, so the biggest change was having a bigger bookshelf and the ability to buy as many books as he wanted.

Cassian noticed an immediate change in his sister after she returned; it only set him more on edge. He would often slip notes under her bedroom door in hopes to make her smile or to let her know that he would always be there for her. He tended to adapt to her vast change in emotions more quickly than the rest of the family did.

Ontari cleared out a room on the upper level to use as a training room and began practicing her abilities with multiple weapons. She insisted on teaching Cassian a thing or two, though his interest mainly laid in knives. As it would turn out, his skills would end up saving his life in a matter of months.