11

“ Why are we making papogi today ninong?” Liam asked, Saturday morning.

“ Kasi ninong has a date and you are my little companion.” sabi ko

“ Date? What’s that?” natawa ako saka na lang siya nilapitan and fixed his polo shirt.

“ Date is when you spend the day with someone who’s special to you.” I said.

“ Example, tayong dalawa. We spend the day watching cartoons and eating junk foods. That’s a ninong and Liam date.”

“ Oh!” he smiled.

“ So this is another Ninong and Liam date?”

“ Sort of. Pero may isa pa tayong kasama. Is that okay with you?”

“ Is it Tito Tri?” he asked and I shook my head.

“ Hm… is it mommy?”

“ Nope. Basta it’s a surprise Liam, okay?” sabi ko naman.

“ Okay po ninong.” he shrugged. Pagkatapos naming mag-ayos na dalawa ay umalis na kami sa condo. It’s really a good thing that Dimitri let me have his car for the mean time. Spare lang naman niya to and hindi niya ginagamit unless sira yung isang auto niya. Besides, napakaraming sasakyan ng tukmol na yun. Lending this wont matter that much to him.

“ Liam, I know you’re a good boy naman diba? Basta when ninong’s date comes gusto ko igreet mo siya agad ha?”

“ Yes ninong.” he nodded. Tahimik na ulit kami sa loob ng kotse as we make our way to his school kung saan ko susunduin si Jho.

“ Ninong…”

“ Hm?”

“ Aren’t you going to buy flowers to give to your date?” tanong niya. Napalingon ako sa kanya through the rearview mirror and he just stared innocently back at me.

“ Diba when you go on dates, you should give flowers to the girl that you’re dating? That’s what I always sees in the dramas that Grandma, Ninang Den and Ninang Threy watches eh.”

“ Hm. What would I do without you dude?” sabi ko.

“ Sige dadaan tayo sa flower shop.”

I made a right to one street and we looked for an open shop. May nakita kami sa isang banda kaya dun ako dumiretcho and parked the car. Liam and I went down saka na pumasok sa loob ng shop.

“ Good morning sir! Flowers po?” the girl greeted us.

“ Uhm.. yeah, ano bang maganda ibigay for a first date?” tanong ko

“ Best-sellers po namin sir are the stargazers, roses, daises and tulips po. I can show you samples of the arrangements para po makapili kayo.” aniya

“ Okay sige” tango ko. She took out an album and opened it to the part where they have pictures of different bouquet arrangements.

“ Liam…” untag ko. Liam who was busy staring at the flowers displayed walked up to me and looked at me curiously.

“ Yes po?”

“ Help ninong naman in choosing, please?”

“ Oh. Okay!” ngisi niya. I carried him so he would be able to sit on the counter and we both looked at the designs available.

“ Anak niyo po?” the girl asked.

“ Ha?” pagtataka ko

“ I mean, magdaddy po kayo?” tanong niya ulit sabay ngiti samin ni Liam.