Chapter 13

"How about this one?" Mum asks me, holding up a glittery light-blue dress. I glance over and examine it, then look at the dress I am holding and examine it as well.

"I like this one" I point to the dress I am holding. She nods and puts the dress away.

"I already have, like, 10 to try on anyway" I chuckle.

"True" she laughs. I look at her and can't help but smile. I have never seen her so happy before.

"Thanks for coming with me, Mum," I say. "I appreciate you helping me"

"I'm more than happy to help!" Mum beams.

"Okay, I'll go try these on?"

"Sure, go ahead" she says.

I enter a dressing room stall and pull the curtains closed, hanging all the dresses on a hook.

I try on all 10 and the last one I try is the one Mum chose first.

It is a strapless dress with a white top half and a purple floral bottom half.

It is perfect.

I pose in the mirror to see different perspectives of the dress. I then open the curtains and strut out in front of my mother, doing silly poses.

"What do you think?" I ask her. Mum stands up and twirls me around.

"It's perfect" she beams.

***

I pull on my heels and strap them together. I then stand up from the bed and wobble a little before Mum helps me stay still. She lets go and stands back, admiring my look.

"You look amazing" she says in awe.

"Thanks" I giggle. I wobble to the mirror in the bathroom right next door and clip a pink flower into my hair and hang heart shaped earrings in my ears.

"So, did anyone ask you to the dance tonight?" Mum asks me once I enter my bedroom again. I blush.

"Yes"

"Zane?" she asks. I nod.

"That's so cute!" she says, causing my cheeks to go a deeper shade of red.

"I'm actually really scared" I say and sit down on the bed again. She sits next to me.

"You will have a great time, trust me. You need to appreciate times like this because you only get these chances once"

I nod in understanding. I never thought she could be so motivational. I never thought anything of her, really.

I get my purse and place my phone in it with my lip gloss. I then hear a car pull up outside and a knock on the door.

I take a breath and prepare for this night that will change everything.

-----

Sorry for the short chapter again 😁

I assure you the next chapter will be twice as long as this one, maybe even longer!

Zane and Ava going to the dance together! How cute!

Hope you have been enjoying the story! Next chapter is the second last one! 😧

Comment and tell me what you think!

Vote if you liked this chapter!

-purpleunicorn4eva xx