Baxter

Charlie woke up in shock. Then she lay back relieved.

"Why do I always have these nightmares?", she asked confused.

She stand up and looked around annoyed.

Then she screamed:"Is this because of this hotel or... Or is this room cursed?!"

"I think I should know if the room was cursed.", she heared alaster.

When she turned around, he knocked on the already opened door and said:" Knock knock."

He grinned... It was okay... before Charlie had this nightmare.

"Al... You're okay... I had a nightmare... Again." She turned away from him. "Please leave Alastor. I want some time on my own."

"Someone booked a room at our hotel," he said, pointing up a clipboard.

"Didn't I say I want... Wait what?!"
She ran to him and grabbed the clipboard.

"Ha! Do you see this?! Our first guest of thousands!" She hugged Alastor and then called:" So let's welcome Baxter!"

She wanted to ran but then Alastor stopped her. "Err... Princess?"

She ran back to him. "What?", she asked confused. " Don't you want to change first?"

She looked down on herself. She still wore her nightgown and blushed.

"Whoops. Okay, this is a little awkward...", she said with a fake laugh.

"It's okay darling. Give me the  board and I'll wait here."

She gave him the clipboard. "Haha okay but please Al... Just call me Charlie."

After that she closed the door.

She ran out in a short blue and white dress. "How do i look?"

"Like an angel.", he said, smiling.

"Aww thank you Al." "Shut the fuck up.", Veggie interrupted angrily.

"We have no time for shit like this. Mr. Baxter will arrive any minute."

Then suddenly the doorbell rang."Or any second," said Veggie annoyed. "I really have no time to rest."

"Okay guys, come on!", Charlie called and ran to the door.

"Hello Bax- ter...", Charlie said as she opened the door. But then she noticed he was a whole head shorter.

"He's a kid...", Veggie said confused.

"Who are you guys talking about?", Angel dust asked and came over.
"Hey, who's that kid?"

"Baxter is my name. Besides, I'm almost an adult."

"Oh okay... Well I am Charlie, this is Veggie, that's Alastor and here we got Angel Dust."

"It's nice to meet you guys.", Baxter said and gave Angel Dust his suitcase.

"Bring this to my room and please be careful. I have dangerous chemicals in it.", he said.

"Err yeah...", Angel Dust said confused and then went away with the suitcase.
"Come on kid, I'll show you the hotel.", Veggie said. "It would be a pleasure to me, m'lady."

"Don't call me like that.", Veggie said annoyed. "Then stop calling me kid. I died in 1910, so i'm not that young."

"Not that- Not that young?! You're almost hundred years younger!"

"Actually not. You died in 2014."

"Hey, how do you know? Are you a younger version of Alastor?"

"No. I'm much older than all of you if you look at it that way.", he said.

"Maybe but you died as a kid. So you are younger than us."

"Can we please stop arguing about stupid things like this.", Charlie interrupted."

"Okay yes she is right.", Veggie said. "Come on Baxter."

Then they went into the corridors of the hotel.

"Puh... Okay guys. Now we can relax... Wait! No we can't! We still have so much to do! Katie Killjoy from 666 News will come next week. Holy demon! Al... Can you-"

"Prepare everything until they arrive? Yes of course I can do that.", he answered. "Thank you Alastor. I have to do something. I'll come later."

She ran to the family portrait and looked at it suspiciously. "Maybe this painting is the reason for my nightmares. Sorry dad but this can't stay here."

When she lifted it up it was so hard that she almost dropped it again but Veggie came out of the back and helped her put the portrait on the floor.

"Oh hey Veggie, hey Baxter."

"Wow Veggie, you are really strong.", Baxter said. "Thank you. That's because i am training. Hmm... Charlie, there's a letter."

At the backside of the portrait really was a letter. "It's... From my dad..."