Family Questions

It's July 25th, and Ginny has her 1st world cup practice. Harry and Ginny decided to stay at the Burrow to help out with Ron and Hermione's wedding. Hermione is going full freak out, what with her wedding on July 1st, sending multiple letters to Ginny and Luna, her wedding planners, which makes Ginny worry that her poor owl is going to collapse. 

Harry

I looked at my watch, counting down the minutes until I got out of work. Ron glanced at me, sensing my nervousness. 

"What's up mate?"

"Nothing."

"You are literally trembling." I looked down, and saw that I was indeed shaking. 

Ron stared at me. "Tell me." He crossed his arms waiting for a reply. I sighed, resolving to tell him early. He might not attack me at work. Then again, I wouldn't put it past him. 

"I'm uh... I want to propose to Ginny?" I watched his expression go from shock to anger. 

I got up and retreated against the wall. Maybe I shouldn't have told him now. I counted down the seconds, seeing his face get redder until he shouted. "YOU CAN'T MARRY MY SISTER!!!" 

A couple of our co-workers got up to see what was going on. Avery and Seamus tried to calm Ron down. Ron, of course, ignored them both. 

"BAD ENOUGH YOU TWO MOVED IN TOGETHER, -DOING WHO KNOWS WHAT- BUT MARRIED? NO! SHE ISN'T READY." 

I felt the need to defend myself, which was probably stupid. "We've never gone farther than kissing-" 

"NO. YOU CAN'T MARRY HER."

"Ron-" 

Jenson, head of the Auror office, walked towards us. "What the bloody hell is going on here?"

The room quieted. I spoke up. "I told Ron I was going to propose to Ginny." I saw Dean pull out some money and give it to Seamus, a scowl on his face. 

Jenson looked between us. Pointing to me, he said "Your girlfriend?" I nodded, He looked toward Ron. "Your sister. I see you don't approve."  Ron scowled in response. The clock chimed, signaling the end of shift. The crowd dispersed. 

"Weasley, Potter, stay a moment." 

I glanced at the clock. Only 3. Ginny said she would be at the Burrow when she finished up practice. I think she said 5. I had time. Jenson waited until the most people cleared out, just leaving those who had to work the next shift. 

"Do either of you two know why we fight the dark arts?" 

"To keep people safe." I said immedietly. 

"Safe and what?" I glanced at Ron with confusion, he avoided my eyes

Jenson sighed. "Safe and Happy. We do this to keep people safe, to make sure they don't have to worry. Now Weasley, it's obvious your sister makes Potter very happy dosen't she?"  

Ron nodded. 

"Does Harry make her happy?"

Ron nodded again, I could see with a rather reluctance. 

"Then it's settled. Potter here is a good man, and your best friend. You should be happy for them." Ron nodded.

"Have a good weekend then. I expect those reports by the time you both get back. Good luck Potter." 

"Thank you sir." I gathered up my papers and caught up with Ron, who was halfway to the door. 

We were almost to the Floo Powder transportation room, when we saw Mr. Weasley talking to someone. We headed towards them. I caught the last bit of conversation. "How's Marie doing?-"Harry! Ron! Come meet Mr Ellingsworth, a friend from school." 

We said our hello's and chatted for a while. I looked down at my watch. It was 4:45. If I really wanted the chance to ask for permission, it had to be soon. It was the only chance I would get where Ginny was out of the house. I stepped into the fireplace, and felt the familiar dizzing sensation. I smelled the food cooking as soon as my feet touched solid ground. I headed to the kicthen, and joined in helping set the table. 

"So Mr Weasley?"

"Hmm?"

"I was wondering... If I could have Ginny's hand in marrige?" Mrs. Weasley had just walked into the dining area. She squealed and dropped the pan. 

"Harry dear!" She rushed toward me and embraced me. "Of course you can!" 

Mr Weasley nodded. "I couldn't dream of anyone better for our little girl."  

"Thank you Mr. Weasley." I could feel the happiness fluttering around in my heart. I heard the door opend and Ginny's voice call out "I'm home!" I raised a finger to my lips. Ron scowled and left the room.

"Hey Gin." I smiled at her. "How was practice?" 

She started smothing down her hair, which had gotten tangled in the wind. She embraced me, and gave me a little kiss. "It was amazing. Fast paced too. It felt like we only had a day left, they were pushing us so hard." 

I laughed. She went up and gave her mum a hug. 

"Why are you crying mum?" 

"No reason." Mrs Weasley patted Ginny's cheek. "You're just growing up so fast." 

Ginny shot me a slightly confused look. I shrugged. We finished setting the table, and Mrs. Weasley put the food on the table. Ginny and I left to go find Ron and Hermione. We found them outside, sitting in the garden. They had their heads close together, talking. I stopped at the edge of the garden. "Oi! Dinner" 

Hermione looked up. Ron glanced at my arm around Ginny and scowled. Hermione nudged his ribs. They got up and we all went in. Dinner went smoothly. By the en of the meal, Ginny was laughing, radiating happines. I stood up, reaching into my pocket. Ginny looked at me in confusion. 

"I umm.. I have something to say." I looked away from Ron, and turned toward Ginny. "Ginny, you bring out the best of me. I could go on for hours with this but i'm going to skip that. I just have 4 words to ask you..." I got down on one knee, Ginny's eyes widening in shock. 

"Ginny... Will you marry me?"