Bonding and Gryffindor Courage

POF

Angelina sat next to George, making sure he ate his soup. 

George looked up suddenly while he was eating. "Thanks Angi."

"For what?" George noticed, of course, not for the first time, that Angi's eyebrows bunced up in the most adorable way when she was confused. 

"You don't hate me." 

"Why would I hate you?"  George set down his soup on the table and grabbed her hand. 

"Everyone else does. I didn't mean to hurt them.." He trailed off, looking at the sign to the right of the door 'Always wash your hands to the Hippogriff Alphabet Song!' 

She reached her free hand up, nad moved his shaggy hair out of his eyes. 

"They don't hate you, they're overjoyed that you're healthy now." 

"Well I'm not healthy enough to get let out of here. Dad talked to me last week, said I had to stay here until my 'mental health' was stable. He barely looked in my eyes since it happened. I know why I did it, and I'm ashamed, but they won't talk to me. At least, not much." He sighed, correcting himself. "Ginny's looking after the shop, and she's forcing Ron to help out, and she has to go to school in a month anyway. Ron,he probably thinks I'm as big a prat as Percy was. Bill just- well, you can feel the dissapointment from him. I'm positive Harry blames himself for this, and Charlie hasn't come by much since I got better. Percy's as stuck up as usual, granted, he's making up for it, and Mum just smothers me because she's scared. I shouldn'tve done this." He hung his head.

Angelina lifted his head up with her hand, and she never saw him this shattered. She could tell he was struggling to stay afloat, wanting so badly to fix things, wanting to reverse what he did. Her healer instincts screamed at her to help him, to give him something to be happy about, and she had liked him for a long time now. She wanted to kiss him, wanted to see him happy and joyful and lively, wanted him to be himself again, not a shell. Sure, he would never be quite the same, but he shouldn't have to feel this way. It just never felt like the right time for her to make a move. First, It would've been to wierd with Fred, even though they had only gone to the Yule Ball as friends, then, the war, and after that, Fred's death, and now, this. 

George studied Angelina as she looked at him, lost in thought. Her emotions flickered though her eyes. Sympathy, sadness, love, accep- wait. Love? He sucked in a quiet breath. Did she love him? It wasn't possible, because she had dated Fred. He remembered when Fred went to the Ball with her, and all he wanted to do was knock him out and ask her to go with him instead. He focused on her, looked at her beauty, felt the kindness radiating off her. And that pushed him over the edge. He grabbed her waist, pulled her close, and snogged her. He vagely noticed that she was kissing him back, and felt his spirts rise in a steep incline. He wasn't paying attention much until someone screamed. He broke away, and looked around a bit wildly. 

"MISS JOHNSON!" 

Angelina blushed, and followed the stern nurse out of the room, but not before sending a sheepish smile at George, and he collapsed back onto the bed, a giant, goofy smile on his face. 

I'm still alive! I have the next chapter writter, I just have to edit it a bit. Maybe you'll get two chapters in one day?! I hope you've had a great day!