But he didn't speak.

"I found it!" I exclaimed. I stood up and walked over to Chase who sat on my bed. In my hands, I held a small box.

"What's that?" I didn't answer, I just brushed away the dust from the little box, and opened the lid.

I took the small neckless between my fingers, and placed it in Chase's hand.

"He gave it to me. I used to wear it all the time. I have the heart, he has the key to it. I think the place Tyler is has something to do with this." I brushed my hair out of my face, and looked at Chase's face, when he examined the neckless.

"Maybe." He answered shortly. I frowned and took the neckless away from him.

"Dude! What the fuck is your problem? Every time I speak of him you get all jerkish and shit! What's up with that?" I shouted. I wasn't planning on saying this, but it just slipped out. And the shouting was unplanned also. I think that was just a thing I did because it felt right at the moment.

"I am a jerk, if you haven't noticed! And the reason I act that way might be because the fact that he treated you the way he did, makes me wanna light the dude on fire!" The tone of Chase's voice surprised me. Ah! It feels good to get under his skin again.

I shrugged.

"Okay." Chase raised an eyebrow at me.

"Okay?" I nodded.

"Yes, Okay." I turned around and sat down across the room on my office chair, just looking at the heart on the neckless.

"I swear to fucking god, you'll be the death of me!" I heard Chase mutter. But I just ignored him.

(Flashback)

"Here you go." I gasped when I noticed the perfectly wrapped gift, James was placing in front of me on the table.

"What is this?" I asked, picking the gift off the table, carefully shaking it.

"If I told you it would defeat the purpose of it being a Christmas gift, wouldn't it?"

I sighed, and started unwrapping it. I gasped once again, and looked up into James' eyes.

"Did you get me this?" He gave me a proud nod.

"But why? Wasn't this expensive?" He shrugged.

"Maybe, maybe not! But I have money, so the price doesn't matter." I stuck my tongue out at him, and picked the necklace out of the box.

"Can you put it on?" I asked James. He nodded and helped me put it on.

"It's beautiful. But it has a key hole, where's the key?" I asked. James then took out a similar necklace, but with a key at the end, instead of a heart.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"See this as a promise. You are the only one for me, and as long as you're wearing my necklace, I know you feel the same." I nodded, biting my lip.

"So, basically this is your way to trick me into marrying you?" I joked.

"Oh! Of course it is! I was planning to have it arranged at the shore. You know that beach close to the club we usually go to?" He said. His tone wasn't as jokingly as it was before in the beginning of his sentence.

"Yeah, and we could have it in the cave! You know, the one where the tide covers at certain points of the day."

(Flashback over)