I decided to whip up some shrimp and mushroom pasta. My sauce almost got burnt when I turned the kitchen into a concert with my singing and dancing, but it turned out real good. I let the food cool down when I went to shower to get rid of the smell on me.

Once I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist, my phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID to see that it was Ferg calling.

I swear, whenever I see this man calling me, my mood just changes.

"Hello?"

"Yo, I'm going to need you to come and get your money right now."

"Why can't I get it tomorrow? I always pick it up on Fridays."

"Something came up and I need to travel out of town tonight. I won't be back for a couple of days. You already know the boss and Bagg aren't around. You have to have a witness and I'm the only one left. Are you coming or not?"

"I'll catch with you in a few." I replied, rolling my eyes. I only have a month left to deal with his bullsh*t.

"Bet." I quickly put some clothes on, along with with a jacket because it's been raining on and off all day. I stood at the stove for a good minute eating while putting some of the food in one of those plastic bowls with a red top for Eva.

I'm trying to make this stop to the warehouse quick because it's already almost 6. If Eva goes out, it'll be around 8. I want to be laying up under her for as long as possible.

I was on my Fast and Furious sh*t, so I cut my normal 20 minute drive into 8. I parked across the street and walked to the back door of the building. When I took a glimpse at the combination lock, my hands immediately patted down my pockets.

"I forgot my phone in the car." I mumbled. The code changes every week and I always keep it in my notes because I never remember it. We aren't allowed to open the door for anyone even if we know them.

Right when I turned around, I heard a voice yell from behind me.

"Don't move!"

"What the f*ck?" I looked up to see an officer with dark camo on with a black bulletproof vest, aiming his weapon at me.

"Get down on knees and put your hands on your head?" I f*cked up. I followed instructions and I felt the officer behind me pull my arms behind my back as the cold metal handcuffs were enclosed onto my wrists.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

"Yes."

They both pulled me up from the ground and directed me to one of the cop cars. As I sat in the back seat, I watched as they raided the joint and dragged every person out of the building. As the vehicle I was in slowly pulled away from the scene, I sat in confusion.

Why didn't I see Ferg anywhere?

"How about we start with why you were at the warehouse?" I looked into the eyes of the female detective sitting across from me at the center table in the cold interrogation room.