Part 2

I expected to be shoved away. I expected his eyes to brink with tears or anger. I expected him to hate my entire existence. 

But I didn't expect to be kissed back.

It was hesitant at first. He was practically frozen on the spot. But eventually his lips began moving with mine. It was slow, it was sweet. I knew it will be my first and last from Liam Payne.

A tear trickled down my cheek as I broke away. "I'm sorry. Just forget about it. I didn't mean it." I dropped my head down in embarrassment. I waited to hear the door close to signal that he left. 

"Niall," he whispered, tugging at my sleeve.

I shook my head, afraid to look up. Why didn't he just go already?

"Look at me Nialler."

"I don't want to," I said. I could feel the tears coming. I didn't want to see the disgust in his eyes. "Just go."

He let out a sigh and patted my head. "I'm not mad ok?" With that being said, he left. 

I groaned loudly. What the fuck have I done?

***

"I'm a horrible person right?" I asked, staring at the boys.

"Shut up Niall. You're not," Louis scoffed and rolled his eyes. "There's nothing wrong about liking a boy, especially Liam."

"But I took advantage of him. He was...weak and heartbroken. He wasn't ready!" I tried to explain. Oh yeah, I decided to tell Louis, Harry, and Zayn everything. I can't keep a secret for the life of me. 

"Does that mean I'm the only one not gay?" Zayn asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Not the time Zayn," Harry muttered.  Louis smacked the back of Zayn's head and cuddled into Harry. I still can't believe they're a couple. And right now I'm jealous of how natural it looks. 

Liam went for a morning jog and I knew it'll take an hour or two so I invited the boys over for a cuppa.

Harry looked thoughtful before speaking up. "Just tell him how you feel. You never know." He looked adoringly at Louis. "You just never know," he muttered softly while Louis smiled up at him. 

"Get a room you two!" Zayn shouted, clearing joking. 

Louis glared at him for interrupting their passionate gaze and Zayn shrunk deeper into the couch. 

"I agree with Hazza. You should just do it. If he doesn't like it then at least you know you should move on. It sucks to be stuck in a limbo and thinking of what ifs. Just tell him Nialler," Louis said, giving me a comforting smile. 

"Well we should go!" Zayn hopped up. 

"Where are you going?" I narrowed my eyes at them. Did I not get an invite?

"This place is not for innocent-looking leprechauns like you so stay here until daddy comes back. Tell him alright? Call us if you need a shoulder to cry on."

"Thanks Zayn," I growled, annoyed. 

We bid adieu and I sat down in front of the tele, still unsure what to do. Should I just take the chance? I didn't have much time to think because Liam came in right at that moment. 

"Niall, did the boys just come? I saw Lou's car driving away when I came." He entered the living room. 

It's now or never, I decided.

"Liam, I like you. No scratch that, I think I'm falling for you." Once I said that, the weight on my chest dropped and it felt easier to breathe. Ok when he rejects me, I'll just smile and say that I needed to go because the boys needed me. Then I'll head over to Nandos and stuff myself until night falls. 

I nodded to myself. Sounds like a plan. While I was thinking of all that to myself, I didn't notice how he came closer to me, until he pulled me into a hug. 

"Ok."

I stared at him dumbfounded. What did he mean by ok? "What?"

"Don't leave me. I-I don't know what's going on in my head but I feel like if I said no to you, my heart will shatter. I can't give you an answer right now. I'm sorry."

I think my heart just stopped. He didn't outright rejected me. 

I actually might have a chance. 

I smiled up at Liam. "I'll give you all the time you need Li. You wanna watch a movie with me?"

"That sounds great." He grinned and settled down next to me on the couch. 

At the end of the day, no mattter what he said, I'll still love him. But if he had rejected me, I'll try to move on. Louis was right. I can't spend my whole life wondering what if?

I'm gonna take a chance with this love.

Comment & Vote :D

yeah, this will be a spin-off from my original story- "That Should Be Me: A Larry Stylinson fanfic" I'm gonna make this story short though so tell me what you think!