Chapter 4

Chapter 4
The Duke and his Wife

(Y/N PoV)

After we arrived at our destination, we entered a giant building.

Inside there were many maids that stood in two rows, one on the left and one on the right.

Suddenly, a voice at the end of the hall was heard.

"Sue!" a man, probably in his forties, ran to Sushie

"Father!" said Sushie and ran to the man, hugging him tightly when they met.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" he said.

"Oh!" he turned to us.

Touya, who was in the middle and a bit distanced from us, had wide eyes.

Presumably the Duke, went to him and introduced himself.

"My name is Alfred Ernes Ortlinde! And you must be Touya! I'm so thankful for saving my daughter!" said the Duke with gratitude.

Then he went on his knee.

Touya, who was immediately embarrassed, said that it would do everyone and that he's grateful to be helpful.

Alfred immediately got up, took his hand and shook it.

"And so modest too!" he said and laughed.

I had hard time not to laugh from the face Touya had.

"Come we will talk in a more private place." said Alfred.

We followed him to a balcony, while Sushie went to get proper clothes.

Me and Touya sat at the table where duke was, while the girls sat at the table next to us.

"Well, who are you young man?" asked the Duke, turning to me.

"My name is Mochizuki (Y/N). As you can think, I'm a relative to Touya and to be precise I'm his older brother." I said introducing myself.

"Well, as I said I'm glad you saved my daughter. I'm afraid to think what would happen, if you wouldn't take the Quest with the letter! My daughter could be kidnapped, or worse! She could've get killed!" he said, with visible worry.

"I'm glad we could help, but I have a question. Do you know someone who could've do such a thing?" I asked.

"There are many who would've like to threaten me. I'm afraid I don't know who could've done such horrible thing." he answered.

"Father, I'm back!" said Sushie, who came back dressed in a pink dress.

"Ah good you're here." said Alfred.

"I've talked with Ellen, but I didn't inform her about the ambush." said Sushie with a worried face.

"Ellen?" I asked and got rather quickly an answer.