Chapter 10

My heart started racing. "Damien, I..." 

"What?" he interrupted me. His voice was rough and his wild eyes scared me. "What is it, Chloe? Huh?!" he growled, his face inching closer to mine. Truth be told, I had no idea what I was going to say. But I knew I just had to say something.

"I'm - I'm sorry," my voice came out small and trembling. I avoided his gaze, but still felt the intensity of his eyes on me. I could just feel how furious he was. There was silence, but not for long. He gripped my jaw between his fingers, not very gently, and lifted my head to meet his eyes. 

"You're sorry?" he softly asked, but his grip on my jaw tightened. "You're sorry!" he cooed in a sickly sweet voice. "That's cute and all, but..." he trailed off as he stood up and finally let go of my jaw.  "The real question is... Why? Why the f*ck would you do that? " he screamed suddenly, startling me. 

"I... I don't know," I whispered as tears flooded my eyes. His expression was livid, it scared me how angry he was. Damien turned his back to me, pressing his palms against the wall. He locked his gaze onto the floor. The only thing I could hear was his laboured breathing. 

"Do you like him?" he asked after a while. His voice was cold as ice. 

"No," I lied. 

He turned to look at me. "So you won't mind if I get rid of him, right?" he smirked, eyes gleaming with vengeance. 

I froze. 

"You - you don't have to do that..." I blurted out. He cocked an eyebrow at me and tilted his head. "Why? It's not like you like him or anything," he chuckled darkly, slowly making his way over to me. 

"I don't!" I  exclaimed. "But... he's my brother's best friend," I said. "If you hurt him, my brother will be sad and I don't want him to be sad," I mumbled, giving him the best dog eyes I could muster. 

Thankfully it worked and his features seemed to soften. Must have been my teary eyes. "Fine," he said and I let out a breath of relief. "But I want something from you," he grinned like a cheshire cat. "A compensation, if you will." 

My heart jumped. I didn't like the way he was smiling at me. "What is it?" I hesitantly asked. 

"A kiss."