T H I R T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

"I have a gift for you, by the way," said y/n, breaking the silence and grabbed something from her pocket. She bought Draco's gift last last week and she did this because she don't want to be crowded at Hogsmeade whilst everyone was frantically buying gifts for their love ones. Plus, she thought it would be nice of her to buy him a gift even though he can be a jerk sometimes.

It's not that grand but she thinks that it would be a great addition to him. She remembered the time when she was about to pay for the gift she bought. She was having a hard time contemplating herself whether she will buy this or not.

"Here you go," y/n placed a small box on his palm. Draco arched his brow and told y/n why she would even bother to buy him a gift. But despite of everything, he liked the fact that y/n gave him a gift on Christmas Eve. He slowly opened the lid, only to found a minimalistic ring. The ring is beautiful even though it's simple.

"What is this? Are you trying to propose to me or what?" Draco chuckled.

"No, you git," y/n rolled her eyes, "It's just an accessory,"

Draco smirked and bunched his brows. He slipped on the ring on his pinky.

"It's beautiful, y/n. Thank you," smiled Draco, examining the ring on his pinky. Y/n smiled back at him.

"I have a gift for you too as well," said Draco, pulling out his wand. He casted a spell in which tiny bright sparks came from the tip of wand. Y/n gaped, as her eyes lit up when she saw the tiny little fireworks. She didn't mind if this was her gift from Draco. It was sweet and kind of amusing at the same. Draco chuckled when he saw the expression of y/n. She was acting as if this was the first time on seeing it.

He casted again a new spell, in which butterflies erupted everywhere. This day couldn't get any better than this. Y/n was now twirling around and laughed like a child. She was mesmerized by the magic around her. As she was doing her own things, a beautiful emerald butterfly landed on her finger. It wings flapped, flaunting the rich color of green.

Whilst y/n was having fun playing with the butterflies, one landed on Draco's nose. He looked at it and put a frightened expression plastered on his face. He slowly ushered y/n to get rid of the butterfly on his nose, but instead of helping him, she just laughed at him. She really wished that she brought a camera right now, but on the second thought, she reminded herself that she needs to buy one first.

"Aren't you going to help me or not?" asked Draco, still not moving from his place. She really couldn't believe that the slytherin bad boy prince was afraid of the butterfly landing on his nose.

"The butterfly likes you! Look at it!" y/n said with a baby tone. Draco rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Draco mumbled something to himself and good thing y/n didn't heard him because she was too busy watching the butterflies and sparks floating around her. When Draco realized that she wasn't going to help him, he bravely shooed the butterfly away from him.

He made his way beside y/n and watched alongside with her. Y/n was still observing the butterflies and she couldn't stop smiling about it. Meanwhile, Draco couldn't stop looking at her, observing how she curled her lips whenever a butterfly landed on the back of her hand. It was the best Christmas gift he ever received; the happiness from y/n.

Y/n took a glimpse of Draco, which he was still looking at her, "Why are you looking at me?"

"Huh? Looking at you? Er- I was looking at the butterflies behind you," Draco stammered and mentally kicked himself for having a stupid reply. Y/n arched her right brow, as if she really did believe him.

As the time passed by, the two of them decided to go to the astronomy tower. When they finally reached the top, they were greeted by usual December breeze. Both of them went to the balcony where Cedric and y/n was at this exact spot earlier.