T H I R T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

It was perfect. Everything right here in this moment is perfect. Their lips was now an inch closer. Nothing could ruin this beautiful moment, Draco mentally mumbled to himself. Y/n thought about that too. Her dream of kissing someone before the Christmas was now slowing turning into real life. It was like she was inside a fairytale muggle book.

But before y/n could place her lip on his. Someone interrupted, the two of them quickly pulled away from each other and stared at the person who happened to barge in a wrong time.

"What are you doing?" asked the girl with dreamy soft voice. Just by hearing her tone, we all know to well who said that since she was the only one in school who acted like that. Some even dared to make some nickname for her and truth to be told, y/n didn't like it. Luna Lovegood, aka. Loony.

She was called Loony just because on how she acts and how she dressed up. Despite of every comment that was offensive, by the way. She seems like she's fine with it. She never let people destroy her true bubbly and upbeat personality. Plus, she was kind to everyone and not to mention, she was also smart and a very curious person. That is why she was curious all the time and right now.

She have this wavy dirty blonde hair and fainted eyebrows, which making her to look like a ethereal goddess or whatnot. Y/n never find Luna as being crazy and all. In fact, she found Luna as a bright, sweet, young witch that sometimes she could easily kill someone by using her dreamy look.

"Nothing, Loon- Lovegood," Draco managed to get to say her last name instead of using the silly nickname.

"Are you sure that both of you are doing nothing? It seems like you two are about to kiss," said Luna, eyeing y/n, whose cheeks were bright red like an apple. Draco coughed and looked away, avoiding the question of Luna. On the other hand, y/n bit her inside cheeks and played with her fingers.

Why are you so curious about everything? Draco wanted to ask her that, but kept his mouth shut. Everything was magical awhile ago but then it was flushed down when Luna decided to barge in without informing Draco and y/n.

"Well, I should go now," sighed Luna, expecting that someone will answer her question awhile ago. "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas to you as well, Luna," smiled y/n and nodded at her. Draco was still looking far away, still avoiding their looks. He snapped back in reality when he felt someone nudge him by the ribs, yelping in pain when he finally saw that y/n was the one who hit him by the side. Y/n gave him a look that say, 'greet-her-too'.

Draco nodded at y/n and say, "Happy Christmas, Lovegood," and with that Luna flashed a genuine smile and waved them goodbye. She turn her heels and happily skipped away from the two.

When Luna finally left the two. Draco cleared his throat before uttering a word at her.

"Erm, I should-" Draco started but he was interrupted again by Luna, who came back again and pointed at the ceiling.

"There's a mistletoe, by the way," Luna blurted out and pointed the mistletoe above them. She sheepishly smiled and left the two of them for good this time.

Y/n looked up to check if Luna was right. As she slightly lifted her head up, she saw the mistletoe dangling above them. Once she was done observing the mistletoe, her eyes landed on Draco, who was looking at her. The look he gave to y/n is something that she can't explain. She felt like her legs turn to jelly and her stomach was filled with odd tingly sensation.

Are they going to kiss or not? The scene earlier was almost magical and somehow, y/n wanted to continue it and she doesn't know why. They just stood in awkward silence since none of them were talking.