Chapter 8: Remembrance of the Past

Two weeks later

We find you hanging out with Sunset Shimmer at the sweet shoppe on a Saturday afternoon after another fantastic week at CHS. It was another hangout with only you and her today since the others were busy. You had pretty much been accepted by your friends and the students of Canterlot High and you couldn't be any happier. You still did have that same nightmare once in a while but thanks to your parents and your friends they pretty much became nullified to you.

However, there was still something else that bugged you. That gut feeling that was telling you that you need to stay away from Sunset wouldn't go away. No matter what you tried it always managed to stick around like mosquitoes at a camp ground if you forgot to bring bug spray. You really tried to figure out why this kept happening, but no matter what you just couldn't grasp it.

"Hey." You were brought out of your thoughts by Sunset calling out to you. You look over to her as she sat on the other end of the table with a concerned look. "Are you okay?" She asked. You smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking." You responded before scooping some ice cream from your sundae and eating it.

"About what?" She asked.

"It's not important. Anyways, are we still up for Pinkies bake sale next week?" You asked. She at first was curious on why you avoided the question but she let it slide anyways.

"Yep, in fact, Pinkie has already started baking some treats for it." She said. "I kept telling her that we had plenty of time to prepare but she insisted on starting early." She says with a playful eye roll.

"Well why not? It's better to plan ahead and to prepare early then to do it last minute." You pointed out.

"I guess you have a point." She said with a chuckle. You look back at her as she digs into her own sundae and decided to say something rather important to her.

"Hey Sunset? I never got around to saying this last time and I'm sorry it took so long. But I just wanted to say thank you for that talk that we had when we watched that sunset two weeks ago. I honestly haven't felt that relieved to tell someone my past like that in my whole life. So thank you for listening." You said honestly. She blushes and looks away while smiling.

"Oh, you're welcome. Sometimes it just really helps to talk about those sorts of things with your friends, family, or someone else you know." She said before looking back over to you. "It must have been really hard to talk about all of it though. I mean, you were crying a few times which resulted in me having to calm you down, not that it bothered me of course. You needed comfort and I was happy to provide it." She said with a closed eye smile. This always warmed your heart to see her do that.

"Normally I wasn't comfortable with sharing my past before, but now that I've come to this town with these amazing people, I think it's safe to say that I can finally put my past behind me." You said with confidence. She nods at your enthusiasm.

"I agree." She said. "Hey, I want to give you something." She says before reaching into her bag that she had brought along for this hangout which at first you were curious about what was in it but she told you that it was a surprise. She pulled something out and it was revealed to be a small box and placed it in front of you. You picked it up and inspected it. It was rather small, small enough to hold jewelry. You looked back at her to see her with a big smile on her face. "Go on, open it." She requested. You looked back down and opened the box. It was revealed to be.......

 It was revealed to be