"Only 'almost?'" Tracy asked.

"I don't know really, I still feel like I'm missing something."

"Like what?"

"No idea. Don't get me wrong. I really love Jordan. He's been kind and patient with me. Not pushing me to let him mark me or have sex."

"AHHH! LA, LA, LA! I don't need to hear the 'S' word. Please!" Tracy said covering her ears, they both lightly blushed before giggling, "But seriously mom. I'm glad to see you happy."

A loud shout drew their attention, Carla ran over to them, "Jordan is looking for you." She told Laura.

"Why?"

"Some had broken into your house."

"Really? Why?" Laura asked as she and Tracy stood to head back to the pack house.

"Well usually I would think it would be to rob the place but the way my uncle is shaken up about it, I don't think it was a simple burglary. Jordan is about to shift and go on a rampage so you need to calm him down."

"How do I do that?" Laura asked bewildered, she was a small woman compared to Jordan's large frame.

"Try talking to him, touch and smell are also important. Jack usually will bury his nose into my neck and it calms him down." Carla replied.

"Alright then." Laura said as they approached the front of the house.

Jordan raced out shouting Laura's name.

"Calm down Jordan! I'm right here."

Jordan swept Laura up into a bear hug that was unbearable, "Put me down, you big wolf! I'm fragile." Laura protested groaning.

Jordan loosened his grip slightly but refused to let go. "What is all this carrying on about? Is Roger alright?" she asked concerned since Carla was not able to give her any details on the way over.

"He's fine, he had left to go to the hardware store in town and when he got back he noticed some things out of place," Jordan sighed, breathing in her scent deeply, calming his wolf, before demanding, "You need to move here with me. Either to the pack house or we could get one of the small cottages nearby."

"Absolutely not," Laura said pulling back, Jordan growled slightly as she stepped away.

"Your house was just broken into. It's not safe!" he shouted angrily.

Laura calmly stared at him sensing the fear in his tone, "I'm going back to my house and when you're ready to talk about everything that's been bothering you since you came back then I'll be at home." she said firmly, "Besides Roger is there and he'll be with me whenever I get back after school every evening."

Jordan looked like he was waging an internal battle for a moment before sighing, "Come, I'll give you a ride back home."

Watching Jordan's retreating figure, Laura gave Tracy a hug.

"Don't worry mom. Jordan just has a history of being a knucklehead. Give him some time and I'm sure he'll straighten out." Tracy said.

"Or you could knock him upside the head with a bat." Carla suggested as Laura said "bye" and walked away smiling.

"What is it wrong with you?" Tracy said, "You're so violent. How'd you manage to not straight out kill someone?"

"Discipline. Nothing those bullies ever did could compare to the shit Julius put me through." Carla said. Memories of a time before drifted through her mind.

"Please stop!" 7 year old Carla cried before a swift backhand threw her small body across the room.

"Your enemies do not care if you're hurt, they don't care about your pain. Your pleas for mercy only fuel their desires to break you." The tall man said hauling her up by her throat bringing her face to face with him, "Do not break. Ever."