36﹒⪩ 𝖺𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗋𝖺𝗂

Hours of waiting made the group set camp where the dual dragon slayer battled the harpy, at least for the day

Hours of waiting made the group set camp where the dual dragon slayer battled the harpy, at least for the day. The guys went back to the inn to get their stuff while Rose and Evergreen stayed watching over the girl. She hadn't shown any signs of waking up anytime soon and that concerned the group, the unconscious harpy was the only clue for them to continue their job. In a way it was frustrating for some of the members, they weren't used to depending on others so much in order to finish something that probably wouldn't take too long. Rose leaned her head back against the tree behind her with her golden eyes closed. She had been going through her mind trying to figure out when and where she had seen those flowers before but everything was just a blur.

"Okay. I can't do it anymore." Evergreen said before looking at the brunette in front of her. She couldn't take what she saw out of her mind, even if she didn't know much about Rose - or if that happened way before she met her. Evergreen wanted to know, she wanted to get closer to Rose, she was family and someone important to one of her best friends. Rose opened her eyes and looked at her, unsure what she was referring to and gave her a look of confusion. "Who did that to you?" Evergreen asked the brunette without hesitation.

The brunette stared at her for a few seconds before looking down and hiding the lower part of her face between Laxus' coat. "I don't like to talk about it..." She quietly said.

"Aren't we friends? I want to get to know you, I want to understand you better but I can't if I don't know much about you, Rose." Evergreen said.

Rose simply stayed quiet, she did consider the person in front of her, her friend. However, that didn't mean she had the courage to tell her everything about her past. There were only a few of them who knew the whole story and sometimes Rose wished that it stayed that way. The sound of someone sighing with exasperation made the brunette look up and noticed Evergreen standing up from her spot.

"I'll be back in a minute, I need a walk. If anything happens just call my name, I'll be near the area." She said before walking away from the dragon slayer.

Rose's grip on the coat tightened, being alone in those woods was something that brought her anxiety back. She wanted to tell Evergreen to not go, to not leave her by herself but she couldn't find her own voice to do so. On the other hand, Rose still had a thought that being close to people wasn't good - she had received a lot of lectures from Bisca in the past for that type of mentality However, sometimes being too open to others can also be one of the biggest downfalls, others could take advantage of other people's kindness, or at least that is what Rose believed. She trusted Evergreen, she knew she was a good person, but the brunette wasn't ready to completely open up to her, not just yet.