"The Avatar must master both," Daiyin adds to the words of the Great Lotus. Korra was showing a pouty lip, but quickly restores herself. "I haven't ignored it, it just doesn't come as easy to me. But, that's why I should start training with Tenzin immediately. He is Mr Spiritual." Her big blue eyes look pleadingly at the White Lotus and Daiyin, as she knows those are the ones against her being finished with firebending. 

"Do you believe she's ready, Master Katara," the Head of the White Lotus asks. "Yes," the old woman admits," If anyone can teach her what she needs to learn, it's Tenzin." Korra was already doing a little celebration dance inside her head at these words. Especially as the White Lotus speaks to her next. "Very well Korra, it's time for you to begin your airbending training."

Korra jumps up in excitement, twirling around herself as she was pleased with what she had accomplished. "Yes, finally!" The others didn't look impressed with her display of happiness, so she tries to sound less excited. "I mean, thank you all for believing in me." She bows before them and goes off to celebrate, but there was one thing she had forgotten about.

"Not to be degrading, Grand Lotus, but I believe it is up to me to decide if the Avatar has mastered firebending yet-" Daiyin steps forward, her hard eyes on Korra as she looks back, still that glimmer of hope in her eyes. So unfortunate that the Fire Nation princess has to put that spark down. "-Which I think she does not. Korra, you are not yet done with firebending." The princess walks closer in a way that the Avatar recognises as 'Get the hell away from here before she tears you apart' walk.

"You are a rather decent opponent in the physical side of firebending, Korra, but I have seen toddlers that would outshine you like Sozin's Comet on the spiritual side. This could have been much less if you at least tried and not skip every meditation session or spiritual advice I've provided for you." She turns around, not seeming to care about the emotional punches that the temperamental Avatar just received from her. "But that is only my opinion, White Lotus."

"And what do you suggest, Your Highness," one of the White Lotus members asks her. "I suggest extending my stay here with the Avatar and help in her spiritual training. Knowing Korra, I think Tenzin needs it. When she can open up to the spirituality, I shall help her with putting it to use by firebending. If you agree, that is," Daiyin says, bowing before the three old men. 

"To me it sounds as an excellent proposition, Grand Lotus," the member that called her 'Your Highness' replies. The man rubs over his beard. He was thinking about it, but could eventually only see the plus sides. "I agree too. Korra, Master Daiyin shall stay here with you to help you come to terms with your spiritual side." The Avatar has to withdraw a sigh. Instead, she bows before her masters and asks to be excused. With less enthusiasm than before, she tells her polarbear-dog Naga the good news. Together they go out for a run, not realizing that they were being watched.

Katara and Daiyin stand side to side as they watch the Avatar leave. The princess sighs. "You are now going to tell me that I shouldn't be so harsh on her and that she is just a little girl who can achieve many great things with just a positive approach," Daiyin predicts, but her prediction was not completely true. "No, I was going to say that I thought you did the right thing. Korra needs someone blunt and strict to keep her temperament in line. I believe you are that anchor in her life."

The princess frowns. "Y-You did?" Katara nods her head. "I have a feeling that the Avatar will need someone like you at her side to keep her feet firmly on the ground and her mind set on her goal, her real goal, which is to find herself spiritually and become a full Avatar." The old woman looks at the sky. "My son will arrive within a few days. Prepare yourself to stay a little longer." Daiyin bows before the woman and leaves for her own room.