16

They had now made it to Sam and Emily's house, and Jared's nerves were off the roof

They had now made it to Sam and Emily's house, and Jared's nerves were off the roof. He really wanted Emily to like Penelope because he knew that she was his future.

"So this is their house," Penelope said. 

To be honest, she liked it. Even though it was a little bit farther away from school, she loved the feel of it. 

She could smell things being baked right from where she was standing, which is right in front of the house.  Jared had immediately gotten a whiff of what Emily was cooking, and that had led to a giant smile on his face. 

He then ran inside, he rushed into the house, so that he could get to Emily's food as fast as possible. It was well known that everyone was crazy about Emily's food, especially Sam and Jared. Jared and Sam almost had appetites with her insatiable, and they needed to eat as much as possible.

Thankfully, Emily enjoyed cooking, therefore she would continuously make food.

"Jared?" Penelope asked. 

She did not know what was going through Jared's mind, he did seem to be incredibly happy the moment that they had arrived there. So that was a good sign, it was not something serious or something that had upset him.

"Come on let's go meet them," Jared said. 

Even though it was only him and Sam in their pack at the moment, the three people there were almost a family. They were incredibly close-knit, and they had thus learned to depend on one another. 

Therefore, Jared had really wanted them to like Penelope. Penelope, on the other hand, had completely forgotten about the note in her locker, she was taking in the feeling of feeling at home in this place, feeling at peace. 

Somewhere that she never been before, and she was feeling a feeling that she had never felt for just a house. She felt as though she belongs, and she had not even met Emily yet. That was a strange thing.

Then, as the couple was staring at the home, standing next to each other, Penelope had chosen to lighten up the mood. She then shouted,

"Race you inside!" Penelope shouted. 

Then she ran inside as though she was being chased, even though she was actually being playful. Jared loves that about Penelope, even if she did seem like it so she was a social outcast, she really was a fun-loving girl inside. 

Jared had recognized that from the moment that he had met her. Penelope was somewhat of a  free spirit that had called out to him, which made him believe that she was more than what she was showing.

Then, with a smile, he chased after the girl.