Chapter 20 - "No."

Happy twentieth of December! Christmas is in five days! Did you already buy your gifts? I mean if you haven't. I would be worrying 😂 five more chapters until this story ends!
________________________________

MATTHEW'S POV

"Do you study here?" Catherine asked Hazel. I saw Hazel looking at my little sister. She was looking down at her bag that was on the ground. I guess, it fell down when I was trying to save Hazel from getting hit by a car. Hazel nodded her head to answer Catherine's question.

"Yes." She said with a smile. By Catherine's looks, she looked a bit surprised by her answer. We were still standing outside and to be honest, I was freezing. It was cold but the girls looked warm, like the cold wasn't bothering them.

"I have never seen you here." Cat said to Hazel. Hazel chuckled softly as she looked at Cat.

"That's probably because I have a part time course with a minimum of break during my lectures. No one really sees me around." Hazel said and Catherine smiled. I was awkwardly looking at them. I had no idea how to get myself into this conversation and I don't know if I should because my little sister could be the devil.

"Do you want me drop you home?" I asked and Hazel looked at me now. It was cold and I knew that she probably needed a lift. The bus didn't look like it was coming anytime soon and I would feel horrible to make her wait here.

"No." Catherine said and both Hazel and I looked at her in confusion. I saw Hazel blinking her eyes a few times and she looked down. What the hell Cat... She was making her feel unwelcome...

Why was my sister such an idiot? I still loved her though...

"Catherine?" I asked confused. I was looking at my little sister thorough and I guess she could see from the looks of my eyes that I was getting annoyed by her. She was making Hazel feel uncomfortable and I knew she didn't meant it in that way but her words did.

Everyone around us was looking at us which made me feel uncomfortable. What if they recognised me? What if they knew I was playing Alec Lightwood on Shadowhunters? I turned myself around when I heard a vehicle. It was a vehicle that took broken cars away.

It was the man that I terrorised... He was standing with his back against me, together with his daughter. He was holding her small back and pulled her closer to himself as if he was protecting her that way...

"I mean of course he can but I think we should go and do something first." Catherine said and I turned myself around to see when Hazel looking up to my little sister. I wanted to shake my head to show her that she didn't want to go.

I knew that Hazel was exhausted. I could see the black bags underneath her eyes. She was tired. I know she was and if we would go out, she wouldn't even enjoy it. I looked at Hazel and gave her a small reassuring smile.

"We went out yesterday and it was late... She is tired." I said and shook my head. I knew that Catherine wanted to get to know Hazel but her energy levels were probably too low to even participate into any conversations between us.

Hazel gave me a small smile.

"That's a shame. Maybe tomorrow?" Catherine asked and I saw that Hazel nodded her head. Catherine walked towards Hazel and gave her a small tight hug. I wanted to roll my eyes and tell her off but I knew she wouldn't listen to me.

Hazel however, looked at my little sister and smiled. It made my heart warm seeing them together. I knew that Cat already liked her. It was just the point of getting to know her and she would tomorrow.

"Let's get in the car." I said and lead both of them inside. My sister sat down in the back seat which made me want to thank her because now Hazel could sit with me in the front seat. I was honestly terrified to drive a car with someone who I loved.

I was afraid that something would happen. Like it did with Esther. I blame myself for her death. Maybe if I was a bit careful, I could have saved her and her blood wouldn't be on my hands. Maybe I should have waited and not turned around. Maybe we shouldn't even have used the car but just the transport.

"Hazel, you should go sit in the front." I heard Catherine say. Hazel did what Cat aid and sat down next to me. I smiled when she was finally seated and I sighed out.

"Everyone ready?" I asked and they just nodded. I was honestly and utterly terrified. I took a deep breath in and started the engine of the car. I knew where Hazel lived and it looked like she didn't live too far from her college too.

Within fifteen minutes we were already in the street where her apartment was. As I stopped the car, Hazel looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you so much." Hazel said. She came a bit closer and for a second I thought she was going to kiss me. She kissed me softly on my cheek and I felt myself blushing again. I just hoped I didn't look like an idiot.

Hazel smiled at Catherine before getting out of the car. She was walking inside and before disappearing, she looked at me and waved. I smiled and nodded. She walked inside and I quickly turned the car around to drive away.

"You are falling for her right?" Catherine asked and I nodded. I didn't knew hot to explain it in words. We didn't knew each other for too long but I knew I was falling for her and I knew that I wanted more than just a friendship.

"Does she know about your acting career?" Catherine asked. It was as if she knew I hadn't told her yet. I looked up in the small mirror and gave her a look.

"I saw the paparazzi and I saw how anxious you were about it." Cat said and I sighed. I shook my head.

"I didn't tell her about it." I said and was driving towards the highway.

"Why?" Cat asked but I think she already knew the answer to the question.

"Because she is different, Cat. She isn't like us. She has a normal life without all of this pressure in her life. I don't know if she even wants this." I said and Cat shook her head.

"You are not giving her a choice either. You should tell her, Matt." I heard Cat say and I nodded. I knew she was right. I knew I didn't give her a choice either and she needed to know but what if she didn't like it...

What should I even do...