Chapter 1 - "A cappuccino please."

Welcome to a new story of mine! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing for it! Please make sure to vote and comment :)
________________________________

I looked out of the window, staring at the blue sky. It was just as clear as the sea would be. The magnificent sky was amazing to look at but the cold that came with it wasn't really. The birds were already flying around in the early morning, singing to wake everyone up. It would have been an amazing day I already. I smiled and looked at my phone. My smile slowly faded away when I saw the date on my phone screen.

First of December.

Every year this month would terrorise me and I would do anything to just avoid it. When December is the month of celebration and togetherness, I was all alone and felt like I was cursed for a lifetime.

I never celebrated Christmas in any kind of form and that was just because of my father. He hated Christmas because of my mother's death. I was born in Carmel, a small town in California. Not a lot of people knew of it and it was a peaceful atmosphere. Everyone knew each other and most generations decided to build a life here at home.

My mother and father loved each other very much, at least that's what I would hear from everyone in town. They were high school sweethearts and soon after they married they got me in the month of Christmas. I was born on twenty third of December and that's when my mother died. She died while giving birth to me.

As from a young age, I heard from my father that he hated me and couldn't stand looking at me. He couldn't stand the fact that I was here and my mother wasn't. He wished me death multiple times and obliged me to never prepare for Christmas. Whenever I would ask him about it, he would just ignore me and some days he would get violent...

Years I have heard from my father how I have stolen his love away from him and how he wishes that he never had me. Sometimes I would find excuses saying that he was under the influence of alcohol so he had no idea what he was saying but as the years past by, I started to believe what he said.

I wanted to be loved by my father but he would never. My father never did. He hated me. He hated me because he thought that I killed my mother. A small and soft voice in my mind would always tell me that it wasn't my fault... and I knew it wasn't but it didn't change the fact that my mother died because of me.

Growing up in Carmel wasn't that hard. Despite my craving for having a healthy and happy relationship with my father, the people in the town loved me very much. Everyone told me how I reminded them of my mother, Julia. I think without them I would have completely forgotten who my mother was and where I came from. In my whole life that was the only love I knew...

My mother loved to sing and she did during her high school years alongside cheering for her football team. She was a typical American girl. She loved Christmas and every year she would make a big donation to charities. She would bake and give out any type of food to homeless. All from this I could just tell how generous my mother was. However, I didn't. I couldn't put my free time in there. I wanted to. More than anything but I knew that I wanted to get away from my father and staying here in Carmel would never allow me to do so.

After school, I always worked so I could save some money for college but also move out quicker than others. As others would enjoy their holidays, I would work day and night. I guess the hard work paid off because I left Caramel when I was sixteen and plus graduated too. It was hard work and it was hard leaving my home behind but I knew that there was no future for me and especially if my father's shadows would stand over me.

I was now working in a coffee shop and was part-time in college so I could have a degree in English Literature. I loved to write and I did it a lot. I wrote for my own stories online and somehow I was offered a contract - and had a minimum payment from there. Having a degree in English Literature would allow me to expand my choices. I could go into the publish industry, work for others such as becoming a journalist or a publisher for manuscripts.