Friends?

-Ian's POV-

I look through the hole on my door to see who's knocking. I see the bright orange hair and recognize Debbie immediately. I take a deep breath before opening the door a little. She barges in, bouncing Franny on her hip. She looks around my apartment disgusted and angry.

"Seriously Ian?" She says, her eyebrows furrowed.

"This is what you've been doing? Fiona has been worried sick about you. So what, you've just been self -loathing here all because some girl you liked had sex with Lip forever ago?"

I shake my head and sit down on my couch. I lean my head back and run my hands over my face. I can't believe I even let this happen. I never do this. I rarely even drink but I don't even remember the past few days.

"Ian, have you been taking your meds? You know how you get when you don't take them." She says,
walking towards the bathroom.

"Debbie just stop! You're being ridiculous. I had a bad few nights and that was it. Can you please leave?" I say, motioning my hand towards the door. I do not want to deal with this right now.

"I'm being ridiculous? At least I'm not drinking my life away."

"I get that you're a mom and all but you're not my mom. So thanks for the concerns Debbie but I can take care of myself."

"Yeah it sure looks like it." She says, rolling her eyes.

"Is that all?" I ask. I want her leave so I can have a moment to myself to even process what happened the past few days.

"Yep. You're not dead so I'm leaving." She responds, walking past me and through the front door. Franny waves good-bye to me with a bright smile.

I sigh with relief once the door closes. Jesus Christ. Has it really been two days? I haven't had a bad episode since I lived back home. I mean, it wasn't even an episode since I've been taking my meds. It's probably just because that night at dinner was the first time I've felt truly angry in so long and then to mix it with alcohol was not a good idea.

I look around my disgusting apartment and then down at myself. I feel gross and I smell gross. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I take my meds and some ibuprofen and look at myself in the mirror. My hair is greasy, my skin is pale, and I have dark circles under my eyes. Great.

I get in the shower and let the hot water pour over me. I'm finally starting to feel a little better since waking up. There's something about a shower that relaxes you like nothing else. I'm trying to remember what has all happened the past few days but it's honestly a blur. I probably just sat in my apartment and drank and did nothing else. Pathetic. I feel stupid for even getting so worked up about Lexi and Lip and seeing her at school and her not wanting anything to do with me. Her and I were barely more than friends. I'm not even sure if we were together. I'll get over it. I hope.

I turn off the shower and grab a towel and run it over my hair. I wrap it around my waist and then open my bathroom door. I'm hit immediately with smells of eggs. Without moving I look around the apartment and realize that it's cleaner than before. I completely forgot that I woke up next to Lexi. How could I fucking forget that?

I walk slowly around the corner and into the kitchen. Lexi is standing at my stove scrambling eggs. Her hair is up in a messy bun and she's wearing pajamas and an old t-shirt. How long has she been here?

She turns around and jumps at the sight of me. She lets out a small squeak and then turns back around. I can't help but smile a little.

"Lexi?" I say, waiting for her to turn back around.