Tracy looked thoughtful, "Okay but I'm a Protector so technically I'm supposed to be protecting people not beating them up."

"True but in order to protect then you have to beat their asses."

"Ugh! Now I have a headache." Tracy said, "Fine but if I end up losing, I'm kicking your booty to the Bahamas."

Carla snorted, "If you can beat me in wolf form then fighting a regular packer will be like kicking a puppy."

Tracy raised a brow and stared at Carla, "That is so wrong. Besides Vera is a sweetie... with teeth... and the attitude of a mouse with a prickly cactus shoved up its butt."

They giggled. "Alrighty then, time to round up the some of the disgruntles."

-------------

Meeting went as expected as did the challenge fight. Considering the condition that Crystal and a pack male was dragged off the field, no one else stepped forward. Assignments were handed out and other than the small grumbles of messing up one's manicure on manual labor, everyone went to work.

With less than two months of school left. Carla and Tracy have worked tirelessly on the Omegas training. From 5 a.m to 8 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. the Omegas trained everyday in building their strength and stamina. The ones that couldn't shift were still stronger and faster than any human so Carla immediately trained them as her father's wolf trained her; fight hard, fight dirty, and take an opponent down fast. The Omegas that could shift were slower and weaker than regular wolves mostly due to a lack of training.

But despite the obvious physical disadvantages, Omegas were tough and could take a hit. They were also skilled laborers and brilliant nerds. Silver and wolfsbane didn't affect them like other werewolves because they had more human in their blood.

Being a rare red wolf made Carla smarter than other wolves and she suggested that perhaps the Omegas could do with a boost. Tracy and Carla worked into putting the Omegas into teams. The nerds, with the assistance of Firelight, used their knowledge to create armor, traps, and weapons. Gideon helped with weapon training both traditional and whatever was on hand. Regular bullets had little effect on most supernaturals but silver wasn't readily available to Omegas. Wolfsbane however could be obtained with no trouble. Lenny, one of the nerds, mentioned a toxin that could paralyze a wolf in under 2 minutes. You only had to administer it in tiny amount.

^Leonard (Lenny) Hanks^

"We have a couple of blacksmiths and woodworkers." Tracy suggested.

"Old school it is," Carla said nodding to Lenny, "Alright get the craftsmen together and have them work closely with the nerds. We need spears, darts, arrows, and a means of firing them. Then we work on training everyone else on how to use these weapons. Armor wouldn't be amiss either."

"I have a few other relatively low costs and easy to acquire options." Lenny said, "We can use ammonia and bleach bombs. Bleach and ammonia in concentrated form can cause temporary blindness in both vampires and weres because of their enhanced vision and pepper spray," he said with a slight smirk, "courtesy of our own Sub Beta Trainer."

"It's good stuff," Carla agreed, "but it takes a while to get use to it. If we plan to actually use that then we'll have to expose our wolves to it before the battle or they will be just as useless as the enemy."

"Weapons will help us even the odds." Tracy agreed.

Lenny left to gather a team to help in the manufacturing of an arsenal. Tracy and Carla watched as the group began buzz excitedly around Lenny.

"Never thought I would be using all the training Julius taught me to help others." Carla said. Despite everything he put her through, he made sure she was strong and trained her well. She missed him sometimes because he was all she had. Her mother had been a failed musician that took to drinking and drugs but was still able to give music lessons that helped support them along with government assistance. Her parents were toxic to each other but still both cared enough about her to try and be there for her in their own dysfunctional way.

"I know what you mean. Grandpa and my dad always trained me to defend myself. I never thought about it but the lessons they taught me were to fight against a much larger and stronger opponent than a mere human. I guess they were trying to teach me in order to protect myself in case I ran into a supernatural." Tracy said remembering how they would push her to learn different techniques and methods to take down an opponent.

Less than two weeks later, practice weapons were made and the Omegas had come a long way. Only by working together could they take on Carla's wolf, Vera, alone they were as helpless as a bird trying to take down a dinosaur. Using the weapons was awkward at first but after another 2 weeks a single Omega could manage to even their odds against a werewolf. Thanks to Gideon, the Omegas learned a few extra tricks that vampires had used against werewolves. Vampires knew where to hit to cause the most damage, even though they weren't as strong as werewolves, and blind spots. Firelight worked with the Omegas to create effective weaponry.

Tracy was proud of what they had accomplished despite all the teasing and ridicule that they incurred from both the other Omegas and the other pack members. A few more Omegas signed up but were dropped when Tracy and Carla saw that they were only interested in joining to get out of chores. School would be out soon and Jonathan asked for a demonstration to be held the first of June. Expectations were low which just made Tracy and Carla giddy with anticipation.

Jonathan and Tracy's relationship was once again put on hold because of all the training and responsibilities placed on their shoulders. Their bond made it impossible for them to be apart so after the mattress burning, Jonathan slept in Tracy's room. 

At first, Tracy protested but Jonathan said that since she burnt his bed it was only fair she share hers. Tired every night they would fall into an exhausted sleep. Despite the distance between them before they fell asleep, they would always wake up entangled. Eli's impatience was growing and Jonathan knew it was only a matter of time.