Who could it be? Who's bringing them every night?

Suddenly, I felt the cold breeze flowing behind me. I looked back as a reflex and realized that the window was left open.

Phew.. It was just the window.. I walked towards it and closed it.

Wait, if the window was left open, who went inside? Thieves? Burglars? Ghouls?! Shoot, Yukari might be in danger.

"Mmmff.." She exclaimed.

I walked towards her. Such a peaceful expression. You must be having a good dream?

I saw her finger twitched. I touched her hand and it was warm again.. Every night, her hand always gets this warm.. Who's holding your hand..?

"Ken.." She mumbled.

Ken? That name again. That Ken.. might be her boyfriend? If he was her boyfriend, why not visit her during daytime?

What a mysterious person. Anyway, I'll keep on looking after Yukari.

(Seijo Yukari)

I was at field with a lot of flowers scattered around. The cool and fresh air flowed refreshingly.. The birds happily flew everywhere.. The petals of the flowers are falling down which made everything literally beautiful.. and a boy with black hair was sticking out his hand for me to hold. Yup, it was Ken..

His angelic face.. His gentle smile... His warm hand.. I love everything about him..

I held his hand and it was very very warm.. I wish this could happen all the time. I miss this sensation.. I miss Ken's warmth.. I feel so happy.

"Yukari.." He said with his kind voice as he cupped my cheek.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I felt like I was in heaven.. No, it's real. I'm in heaven.. While we're both hear, I want to tell Ken my feelings.

"Ken." I called.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Will you listen to me?"

"Of course." He sweetly smiled.

"Since long ago.. I've always... always.. liked you.. I may not seem like it but, I'm always looking at you. Whenever you smile, my heart would jump and whenever you do something that makes me happy I feel like floating.. I can't properly explain them.. But, at least, I want you to know how I've liked you very much.." I said.

"Yukari, I want to tell you something too.." He said.

"If I tell you I like you too, will you come with me for the rest of your life?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll go with you--"

"Even if you have to abandon everyone?" He asked.

"Abandon..?" I asked.

He faced the sky. The petals fell on his hand as he slightly put it up.

"In the world we live in.. Cruelty.. Hate.. Sadness.. Pain.. are dominating. We are not wrong.. But, the world we live in is wrong.." He said as he was sad.

I couldn't speak from what he said. I was paralyzed by his words.

"That's why, we have to be strong, Yukari. Our world is where the strong wins and the weak suffers. It id basically, the survival of the fittest." He said.

"But, that's just wrong--"

"I know. The world is cruel but, that's reality and we can't do anything about it. That's why, I'll let you choose now. Come with me and abandon everyone or go back and struggle to survive." He said.

"C-Can't I just.. choose either?" I asked as I felt it difficult to choose.

"No. You have to be strong and choose only one. In this time, you can't get something else without giving something up. While you think you're choosing both, you're actually forsaking both.." He said.

"B-But, what am I suppose to do?" I asked as I felt a tear running down my cheek.

"Just pick one." A man with the same voice as Ken spoke behind me.

I looked back and saw a white-haired man with a pained expression. He had chains on his hands and he looks really tired.. I can see in his eyes that he has gone through a lot.. Kaneki.. why are you here..?

The flowers which he stepped on turned bloody red.

"Do you really want to go with him?" He was referring to Ken.

"I do! I want to be with Ken--"

"Then, are you fine with abandoning Anteiku?" He asked with a sad expression.

Tch..! Don't look at me like that..

"What about Yoshimura-san? Touka-chan, Hinami-chan and everyone else..? Are you really alright with abandoning.. them... me..?" He asked.

Stop it.. I don't wanna go back..

"Yukari, do you think I'll be happy if you leave me? You think everyone will be delighted if you forsake us?" He asked with his voice slightly shivering.

He looked directly into my eyes. I'm feeling a little bit guilty seeing him so sincere like this.

"Yukari, you won't have to suffer if you come with me." Ken said with a smile.

Ken..

"I won't hurt you and all your troubles will disappear.. I will make you the happiest." He sweetly smiled.

The flowers flowed through him.

"Come with me." He stuck out his hand for me to hold.

"Yukari.. Please.."The white-haired Kaneki looked at me and stretched out his hand.

What am I gonna do?

End of Chapter 35