TSUIN UNMEI (Twin Fate) Chapter 70: Loss Of Trust

15/9/2019

TSUIN UNMEI

(Twin Fate)

Made By Kato

Characters in this chapter:

-Kato Saguta

-Sako Saguta

-Kireina Makoto

-Kotori Omada

-Kazuma Akimoto

-Ririnko Saguta

-Kazuto Narumi

-Karasumi Haruka

Chapter 70: Loss Of Trust

Ririnko: Well then, I'll be going now. Kato, you're the eldest family member in this house now. Take care of Sako and yourself now.

Kato: I will.

Ririnko: I know you will. You're a dependable person after all. And Sako.

Sako: Y-Yes! -about to cry-

Ririnko: Don't trouble your brother. He's not a robot. And stop crying. You're not a kid anymore.

Sako: But, but...!

Sako wrapped her hands around Ririnko while crying on her chest. Ririnko also wrapped her hand around Sako and tried to calm her down. It's hard for us to see our sister go. But we have to accept it even if it's hard for us. Sako let go of Ririnko a few seconds later. Kazuto suddenly spoke to us in front of us.

Kazuto: Don't worry. I promise that I will let your sister come visit you two anytime she wants too.

Sako: Um...

Kato: -pat Sako's shoulder- Come on. Stop crying. You should be happy for nee-san.

Sako: Um...

We saw Ririnko go by car leaving us at home. She started to vanish from our sights as time went by. We entered the house and I decided to go to my room. Sako went to her room after that without even trying to talk with me. She was sad after Ririnko left us. Things are going to be different from now on.

-The next day at Dark Zone-

Sako: Hiyark! -slashing evil spirits-

Kato: Hark! -stab the evil spirit from above-

The evil spirit vanished a few seconds after it got stabbed by me. We've been killing evil spirits almost everyday on summer breaks. We only have 3 days before the new semester starts. Sako seemed a bit better after Ririnko moved out from the house.

Kireina: Congratulations, Papa, Mama!

Kato&Sako: Erghh...!

Kireina shouted on her communication devices giving us ear pain.

Kato: Kireina. There's no need to shout...

Kireina: I'm sorry!!!

Sako: Ergh... Kireina-chan.

Kireina: Sorry...

Kirena was at the headquarters, monitoring every exorcists' movements. She's on duty to give orders to every exorcist to head to the area that have evil spirits sighting. Kotori and Kazuma currently at the another area eliminating evil spirits.

Kato: -surveying the area-

Sako: Onii-chan. We're done for today. Onii-chan? Are you okay?

Kato: Yeah. I was just, looking for someone.

Sako: Is it Wendy?

Kato: Kaneko. Did you feel anything?

Kaneko: Nope. Nothing weird here.

Kato: Okay. Thank you. Sorry for the wait. Let's go. Open the portal, Kaneko.

Kaneko: Okay. -get out from Kato's body and open the portal- Ready.

Kato: Let's go.

Sako: Um.

-after reporting the mission to Karasumi-

Kazuma: Took you long enough.

Kato: I was looking around the area.

Kazuma: Oh really?

Kato: Yeah. How are things on your side?

Kazuma: Good. Everything went well on my side

Kato: I see. How about you, Kotori?

Kotori: Everything went well on my side too. Except one thing.

Sako: What is it?

Kotori: One of the evil spirits that I took down had this weird crest on it. But it vanished before I could capture a picture of it.

Sako: Did you tell Karasumi about it?

Kotori: I did. But she said that it might be a scar.

Kato: Doesn't sounds like it.

Kazuma: What do you mean?

Kato: This is just a guess but, I think they're hiding something from us.

Sako: Onii-chan. That's not a proper way to think about them. They only want to save the world. Right, Tori-chan?

Kotori: Eh? Uh, yeah. Don't be an idiot, idiot-Kato.

After we finished the conversation, we went to our own homes. Sako and I invited Kireina but she said she'll be staying at the HQ for a while. I don't know why but, it seems like everyone in COSMO is hiding something from us. I'm currently in no position to question anybody from COSMO. I'm starting to doubt everyone including Sako. I got a feeling that she's hiding something from me.

-at home-

We had dinner when the time comes. Sako's face looks so happy and satisfied.

Sako: Bwah... So yummy. Thank you, Onii-chan!

Kato: Um...

Sako: Onii-chan? Is something wrong?

Kato: Sigh. I've been meaning to ask a question.

Sako: What is it?

Kato: Are you hiding something from me?

Sako:...

Sako falls silence right after I asked that question. But she suddenly speak up right after I was about to question her again.

Sako: There's nothing that I'm hiding from you.

Kato: Sigh. So, why were you in silence right after I asked the question?

Sako: B-Because... I was surprised that you asked that question. I never thought you would ask that kind of question.

Kato: Is that so. Sorry for asking that question all of a sudden.

The atmosphere become silent. I refused to ask another question to Sako. I choose to trust her because we made a promise in the past that we won't hide anything between us. I cut the conversation and went to my room.

-Sako's room-

Sako: *sob* *sob* I'm so sorry, Onii-chan. I wanted to tell you, but I can't. It's for your own good.

Koneko: Are you sure about this, Sako-chan? You're betraying your promise that you made with Kato-san in the past. It will hurt your feeling.

Sako: I know... But I had too. If he knew, he'll blame himself for breaking Tokuchi-kun's arm.

Koneko: Have you ever thought what will he do if he figured it out himself and realized that you've been lying to him.

Sako: I...

Koneko: I'll let you make the choices. Betray your brother or betray Tokuchi Raigano. Goodnight.

Sako: Goodnight. (Betray Onii-chan or Tokuchi-kun...)

To be continued...