Teasing

Mata's POV

I watched Patri walk towards Mapi who looked quite surprised before I turned around to see Lisa trying to calm down Viv and Jill.

Once I got back to my teammates Viv immediately punched my shoulder.

I rubbed where she hit, "Dude, what the fuck?" 

"Why the hell didn't you tell us?"

"It was a sudden thing not much to tell you, people."

"I bet they fucked last night." Jill piped in.

"No no no we did not fuck last night."

"Then you made out at least right?" Viv asked.

"No we did not make out either, I kissed her and that was it."

Viv and Jill both shook their heads trying to say I was lying, but Lisa quickly shut them up, "Leave the poor girl alone you freaks, let's get going now, we still have training today."

We left the airport and once I got to my car I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, this girl will be the death of me.

Patri's POV

As I walked back over Mapi and the girls looked as surprised as ever except Mapi just looked, mad. 

Mapi looked from teammate to teammate, "I should go talk to her right, Imma go talk to her."

Jenni and Stef both had to hold Mapi back as she tried to walk over to Mata.

I walked over to the girls, "Mapi you gave her the talk this morning no need for another."

"I need to give her a real talk, one she knows is true."

I was about to say something when Lieke cut me off, "Mapi, Mata is a good kid, heck probably one of the best kids I know. Trust me I've known her since she was 15, she's practically my little sister, and shes played with girls double her age if she did something wrong the girls would've racked her into shape real quick. You have nothing to worry about, Mata is gonna treat her well."

"Fine," Mapi turned around and we walked towards security, "but you're sitting next to me on the flight."

"I'm scared," I whispered to Alexia causing her to laugh.

Mata's POV

I just pulled into my driveway when I got a text from Patri.

Just boarded

Text me when you land, safe travels 😘

Will do, I hope Viv and Jill haven't been too bad

I was lucky I got to escape them for the ride home, I would've been more worried about Mapi

That's fair, Mapi was bad, but Lieke speaks very highly of you, she calmed Mapi down before she ran over to attack you

Well, I'm happy Lieke was there. She's practically my big sister

Funny, she said the same thing. I have to go now they're making up shut our phones off

I hope you have a nice flight

I left my car and made my way into the condo and went straight for my bedroom. I checked the time and noticed we had to leave for training soon so I threw on my practice kit and grabbed my bag.

I walked into the kitchen to grab a bite when I saw Viv and Lisa sitting at the island when Lisa asked, "Are we going to training together or does someone have to go early?"

I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl, "I'm actually about to leave, I need to get my knee taped up if anyone needs to come now."

"Yee Jill, do ya need to go to training early?" Viv yelled.

"Nah I'm good mate," Jill yelled back from her bedroom.

I began to walk to the door, "Alright looks like I'm on my own, I'll see you guys at training."

I went outside and walked over to my truck and began the short ride to the pitch. Once I got there I parked in my usual spot and headed into the trainer, Mary's room.

I knocked on the doorway to get the lady's attention, "Afternoon Mata, we taping up your knee today?" 

I walked over and sat on the bed, "Please, It's always a rough one on the knee playing against a team as good as Barca."

I have a misshapen meniscus, likely from birth, it is always in pain while playing it isn't usually bad, but after a rough game like yesterday, it starts hurting a lot worse. The club is worried I'll need surgery soon because it has begun tearing.  The plan is to play on it for as long as I can, but the club doctor thinks otherwise.

"I'm expecting a whole bunch of you in today after a game like yesterday," The trainer commented as she taped me up.

Almost as if it was on command Daan came walking in the door complaining about her ankle, "Me ankle been killing me since yesterday, can ya give me a good tape, Mary?"

She looked at Daan and sarcastically said, "Anything for you Daan."

I laughed which must've caused Daan to realize I was there, "Aye, Kind, I heard you got with the Spanish girl. Congrats to you mate."

"Who the hell has told ya that?"

"Jill texted me last night and I told Beff."

"So, you Beth and my house are the only ones that know?"

"Lisa got a big mouth so probably more than you think."

"Fuck," Mary finished my tape I thanked her and walked out of the room.

As I walked into the locker room Emma Mitchel and Katie McCabe immediately jump on me, "What the fuck?"

"We've heard yee got a girlfriend," Emma slurs in her thick accent.

"I'd imagine you heard that from Lisa and now have told the whole club." 

"That sounds about right," Katie added, "But who cares, Viv showed us a photo and she's hot, you should be showing her off."

I rolled my eyes and went and put my boots on, I just wanna practice.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the longish break I've been awful busy, but I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'll try to get another out tomorrow.

Also, let me know if you like the whole Lieke and Mapi being like protective big sisters kinda.