13. Hypnosis

Qatari.

"Fuck why this shit so fie?" Melly wondered scarfing down the food I had cooked for him. It was baked ribs, baked Mac N Cheese, greens, cornbread, and homemade mashed potatoes. "I ain't know you had it like dat," he added.

I broke into laughter and placed a kiss onto his cheek, "okay I'm about to go to the store."

Jamel eyed me, "you comin' back right?" He questioned as if he didn't trust me leaving alone.

I nodded slightly, "of course why wouldn't I come back?" I wondered a bit confused. He started to stand, "imma come wit'chu."

"Jamel I'm coming back," I smiled gripping onto his face, "trust me."

He kissed his teeth as if he didn't want me to go.

Once I exited the house I pulled my phone from my purse and saw I had hundreds of messages from Samson and many others looking for me. I texted Erica I was fine and told her she needed to not worry about me anymore. I ignored Sam's message completely and went on to the store. Jamel texted me continuously to ensure I'd be coming back to him. I replied while focusing on the road at the same time. I turned the radio up while my phone was connected to the Bluetooth.

"Rather be with you and all your bullshit," I sung along.

Finally, I had arrived to the store and parked my car. I walked to grab a basket and pushed it through the sliding doors. I grabbed everything that I remembered Jamel are. On my way to the alcohol aisle I saw someone who looked familiar which caused my entire body to freeze up. Soon as the person turned my direction I released a sigh of relief. I quickly grabbed a bottle of wine and carried on my way.

-

"Jamel," I shouted entering the house holding the many groceries struggling to get inside the door.

Moments later Jamel came from downstairs and looked like he had just woke up from a nap. His dreads were all over his head and had lines on his face from whatever he was sleeping on. "Help me with the begs," I pleaded.

He quickly removed them from my hands and took them into the kitchen.

I closed the door behind me and followed him into the kitchen. I immediately started placing the few packages of meats I bought into the freezer before they thawed out anymore. Jamel wrapped his arms around my waist and began kissing onto my neck, "okay not right now Melly.." I pleaded wanting to finish my task. He kissed his teeth, "stop playin' wit me.."

I looked over my shoulder for my eyes to meet him, indicating I wasn't playing.

"We ain't had sex in three days Qatari," he announced.

"I'm not in the mood for sex.. I already haven't been feeling well Jamel."

He shook his head, "yea alright next time I'm gon' fuckin' take it," he assured while snatching the beg of Doritos from off the island and walking off to the room. I stood there with a frown upon my face and sided against saying anything to make matters worse. Jamel always threatened how he was going to take it from me. That sometimes made my skin crawl in disgust but I knew I had to keep him satisfied so he wouldn't do anything drastic.

I finished putting up the food in the rightful places and went up the steps.

He was sitting in the bed watching the football game. I heard the dryer buzz and I decided to go be sure the clothes were completely dry. I opened the door and pulled out a pair of his jeans. In the process of feeling if they were dry or damp a small note fell out of the pockets. I tossed the pants back inside and restarted it for an hour. I bent over picking up the paper seeing the ink was smeared but it was a female's name with her number under, and what got me was the small heart she took the time to draw and color in.