"Okay, so where yo girl at? Call her," Santana laughed, knowing she didn't even want him to do that.

"We not on good terms right nie,"

"Mind if I ask why?" She raised an eyebrow wanting to be nosy, she was ready to swing into his arms and keep him from wasting his time on her. Ra'Shawn was just a fantasy to her, she knew he wasn't all that interested in her, he looked at her like a friend. Probably just an acquaintance considering this is the first time they've interacted outside of school.

"I'on know she so damn controllin'. Then she expect me to follow her around like I'ma damn kid or sum, I'ma grown ass man," he shook his head thinking on his relationship. He loved her but some things he wasn't gonna allow. He was loyal and did his part as her boyfriend, what more did she want from him.

Respect and loyalty? She got that with no questions asked. But his attention was on other things and that's something she just failed to realize. A relationship to her was just about being up under your partner, never giving each other time to breathe. She was suffocating him and Santana was just the breath of fresh air that he needed.

"She need to go back to Louisiana, take care of her fuckin' son," he mumbled the last part but Santana had ears like a bat.

"Why she come?" Santana swallowed, hoping she wasn't asking too many questions. But hell, he called her so might as well get all the scoop on who and what she was getting involved in.

"I was gone break up with her. I don't do long distance, I need ta' be able to see and feel you. She tagged along cause breaking up wasn't an option in her eyes."

"Well, if you love her I suggest you let her know wassup. Tell her to give you your space to chill, you don't need her breathing down your back 24/7. She's your girlfriend, not yo' mama," Santana suggested, she felt she gave good advice sometimes and she wished she listen to herself when she needed some guidance.

"I'ma try," he huffed, not even wanting to do that. If there was a way he could just end the relationship without hurting anybodies feelings he would. He was gonna take the advice and if he don't see changed behavior than it's over for the relationship. "Bring me some food tomorrow,"

"Uhn uh," Santana raised an eyebrow and scoffed at him, she shared food with no one, and that's something he was gone learn sooner than later. "My food is for me, better go to the store before class,"

"Aight," he smirked, knowing exactly what he was gonna get in the morning. "Hollup, I'ma call you back my brotha calling me,"

She just nodded and ended the call before he got the chance to decline on her. She didn't like the sound of the FaceTime ending, she always had to hang up first. Santana spent her night studying and working on some unfinished wig.

Whether James liked it or not, she wasn't cancelling any of the appointments. It was her source of income until she got her salon started up, it was funding her future and he wasn't about to block any of her blessings just off the strength of him being mad.

There was a small tap on her bedroom door. She looked up from her computer "Come in,"

"Hey," her dad said in a sigh. "Look, I was upset earlier and I coulda went about things differently. I love you and I ain't gone ground you but let this be a warning. If you wanna do something just ask, my only concern is your safety,"

"And?" Sapphire moved her head out, standing beside him, she had coached him through the whole little speech. She didn't like him threatening her, she made a mistake and she shouldn't be punished for being a child.

"I ain't saying that," he spoke sternly, giving her the side eye.

"Yes you are,"

"Yo' mama will discipline you from now on since I don't have a say so," he held his head down like a child, murmuring instead of actually speaking out to her. He was the only male in the house and since his punishments were too harsh, Sapphire decided to take manners into her hands until Santana is grown.

Grown meaning out of their house with her own space and her own vehicle. She wasn't grown until she stopped depending on them for those two things.

"No, what he meant to say was it'll be a mutual agreement instead of him doing whatever without letting me know," she looked over to him, he was just being a big baby about everything only because he felt bad for lashing out on Santana. "We love you and I got your text earlier, feel free to invite your friends over tomorrow,"

"Nah, it's okay," she kept her eyes locked onto the computer screen, reading over her essay to make sure it was worth the grade she was aiming toward. "We can do it another time,"

"Too late, I already started working on the pie. You don't have to invite everybody, just a few friends like Niecey and whoever this mysterious boy is," her mama wiggled her eyebrows, James glared at her, he didn't like the idea of her growing up. He didn't really get to have the talk with her, the birds and the bees was for her mother. He just wanted to give her a males perspective at her age.

"Okay," Santana dragged out the word and looked up, waiting for them to leave her room.

"There's pizza downstairs when you get hungry, love you,"

"Love you too," she faked a smile and watched her mom leave the door frame, James just rested against it.

"What dad?" she said in an irritable tone, wondering why he was just standing around looking all intimidating.

He rubbed his hands against his pants and came to sit down at the edge of her bed. "Just wanna tell you how much I love you. I don't want you out here just running around with anybody. We don't know him or what he's trying to do. Boys are boys, they don't care about your feelings at all baby. I'm telling you cause I was this way once,"

"They're real sneaky, try to butter you up and make you like them just to get whatever it is they want from you. I don't wanna witness you heartbroken cause it'll break mine, seeing you cry over a nothing ass nigga who didn't even see what he had in front of him. You are the prize baby girl, do not settle for less than what you are. Let somebody give you the world,"

It was raw and uncut, no practicing to make sure mom approved. It'd been weighing on his chest ever since he caught on to her and Colbie's mindless relationship. He didn't want her knocked up, living from pay check to pay check to protect a child. He didn't want anybody taking advantage of her and he most certainly didn't want her coming home crying because a guy didn't take the proper care to protect her heart.

"I love you, I'll let you get back to what you're doing," he said getting up from the bed and heading out of the room.

"Daddy, wait," she said throwing the covers off her body and she ran to him, hugging onto his wide torso. "I love you too,"

He patted her back and squeezed onto her ever so tight.

"You always gone be daddy's little girl, I gotta protect you,"

-

Just sum short and it was on my mind so I had to get it out.