Prologue

It was a cool desert night and inside one of the chambers of the Pharaoh's place lay a crib. Inside the crib was an infant roughly around eight months old. Unlike those around her, this infant had slightly pale skin and for any desert dweller who first laid eyes on her, they'd believe the child was either dying or extremely ill when really she was in perfect health. A tussle of black hair lay on top of her head and she had sparkling brown eyes. Said infant was currently fussing unhappily in her crib as she was only wearing a cloth around her waist so she was miserably cold. Upon hearing her fuss, a man with a clean shaven head and wearing priest robes rushed into the room and picked the infant up cooing at her "There there, Aahmas, its alright." Anyone could guess as to why she had been named Aahmas meaning "child of the moon" just based off of how pale her skin was. The infant looked up at said man and began to gurgle happily now that she wasn't by herself anymore. The priest had smiled down at the baby and began to gently sway her. Unfortunately, Aahmas' mother had died giving birth to her daughter and her father wanted nothing to do with her. Seeing this had broken the priest's heart so he had decided to take the orphaned girl in and raise her on his own. Well, technically not on his own. "I was wondering as to why you had run off." said a female voice softly behind the man. This woman was none other than the Pharaoh's mistress, Anuck Su Namun. "Forgive me, my love, Aahmas was starting to fuss." explained the priest. Anuck Su Namun had looked down at the infant who was practically glaring daggers at the woman if that was even possible for an eight month old. "Imhotep, why doesn't she love me? Am I not like a mother to her?" asked Anuck Su Naman. Aahmas kicked her little foot almost as if she was trying to hit the vial snake. "Don't fret, my love, she will learn to accept you as her mother as she gets older." said Imhotep placing the child back into her crib. Imhotep then pulled Anuck Su Namun close to him and looked down at the baby with a smile. "Our little princess..."  

RRRRIIIINNNNG! 

Molly shot up from her bed screaming and covered in a cold sweat as her alarm clock went off signalling a new day. Frantically, the 18 year old looked around and saw that she was in her bedroom safe and sound before letting out a breath of relief. She had mid-length brown hair which was dyed black in certain spots and she had bright green eyes. Her skin was fair but it was also on the slightly pale side. All of a sudden their was a frantic pounding on her bedroom door and Molly quickly got up and rushed to her door and opened it to see her adoptive father, Jonathan Carnahan standing there all disheveled and still slightly tangled up in his bed sheets. "Dad? Are you OK?" asked Molly slightly worried about her father. "Me!? I should bloody well be asking you that by the way you were screaming your head off!" cried Jonathan. "Sorry, Dad, I had another nightmare that's all." said Molly with a sheepish smile. "Now I'd wish you'd warn me when your about to have one of those." whined Jonathan almost childlike. "Dad, you know I can't help it." aid Molly rolling her eyes. "Yes, well, go on and get dressed, we're meeting your Aunt Evie later on this morning." said Jonathan trying his best to straighten out his appearance. "Alright, Dad, sorry for startling you." said Molly. "Well, I should rightfully think so!" said Jonathan turning to go back to his room only to further tangle himself in his blanket and fall flat on the floor. "I meant to do that." said Jonathan with a sheepish smile. "Sure, Dad, sure." said Molly rolling her eyes playfully and knelt down to help her father untangle himself.