17 - Tour

Okay, this one is a bit of fun 🤪

(Edit) Wait, I lied....

TRIGGER WARNING: Suicidal thoughts

(Sadie's POV)

"Alright, guys, are you ready?" Liam says as he comes downstairs. He tightens his tie and takes his plate of toast with him to the car. I think he's more worried about taking us than we are about going.

Ash and I follow him outside.

"Shotgun!" Ash shouts and pushes me out of the way to get to the front seat.

Liam sets his toast on the seat then comes back to make sure I'm okay. He holds his hand on my back all the way to the door, which he opens for me.

"Ash, next time, let's not push small girls to the ground to get to the front seat." Liam says with his mouth full.

Ash shrugs. "She's fine."

I set my backpack next to me and lay across the seat. If I can just get a little nap in, I'll be fully energized for the rest of the day.

"Why couldn't we stay home? We're 15. Almost 16." Ash says.

Liam takes a deep breath. "Uh, Drew still has his own life, bud. He had some things to take care of today."

"Yeah, but we're old enough to stay home alone."

"You are. Just not right now. You're both too hurt to be alone." Liam answers, and I think Ash finally gets it.

Idiot.

Liam doesn't want us to be alone because we're both sick. Too sick in the brain to rely on each other for help. And he's scared. This parenting thing is still new to him.

"My office is excited to meet you guys. I talk about you all the time."

"How flattering." Ash says. I sigh. This is going to be a long day.

Liam holds his hand out for me and I high five it. "How are you back there, baby girl?"

"Good." I say, but my voice is soft.

I start to drift off. Away from my brothers for a moment.

I wake up to the feeling of being lifted. When I open my eyes, I see Liam. He smiles down at me.

"Hey, princess. Ready to go in?" he asks. I nod and he sets me down.

I put my backpack on and follow him and Ash inside. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Ash knows it too, because he links his arm with mine.

We get in the elevator and I'm more nervous than I was before.

At the front to greet us is the receptionist. She's young, probably around Liam's age, and really pretty. She smiles when she sees us, a little pink rising to her cheeks as she looks at Liam.

"Hey, Liam. This must be Ash and Sadie." she says. We both wave and Liam hasn't stopped smiling.

"You're correct. Ash and Sadie, this is Paisley, my partner in office crime." Liam says and shoots her a wink. She giggles and looks down at her keyboard.

Ash and I share a knowing look before turning back to our brother. He takes one last look at Paisley before gesturing us to follow him.

Liam takes us to his desk once we're in the office. He's secluded in the corner.

He takes us around to meet everyone. We first meet his department—accounting.

"This is Anna she's the head of accounting. Anna, these are my youngest siblings, Ash and Sadie." Liam says.