"How the hell did he even get in?" Joan asked the group.

"A damn good question." I replied. My words felt foreign even to myself. I was still in shock from what the fuck had just happened. Within moments, the office door we were all staring at aimlessly, flew open again. In walked Christian's father first, with Christian following not far behind.

"Where the fuck is he?" Slav demanded, as his voice bellowed through the room.

"Security has detained him outside one of the storage spaces downstairs. They've already alerted the authorities." Christian explained.

Slav had this look on his face, that made a whole new set of hairs stick up all over my body. It left me feeling fucking terrified. He looked like he was ready to kill somebody. And I mean truly cold blood murder someone.

Sure enough, as soon as Christian had finished explaining what had happened a few moments ago, Slav exited the room even quicker than he had entered it.

"Dad!" Christian called, leaving the room with him.

We all sort have exchanged looks with each other. There was this feeling that passed through the room, that made us all believe some serious fucking shit was about to go down. As if we read each others minds, Derek, Joan, Brad, and I all left our posts in that office room, to run out after Christian and his father.

The pace Slav was moving at was too fast for even Christian to catch up with. By the time we made it to the basement where the underground parking and storage rooms were located, we were already late.

The security detail were holding Slav back from a now very bloody... Vadik? Vildik? What the fuck did he say his name was?

"Dad!" Brad called out as soon as he processed the scene that was unfolding all around us. Slav was able to push past the security's grasp, and land another swift and forceful kick to the man's abdomen. It made him tumble and fall to the ground. Because of the zip ties that were tightly bound around the mans wrists, he was unable to stop himself from toppling over.

That was when Brad reached out to personally hold Slav back. He put him in a tight lock with strength I had never seen Brad administer before. "You can't kill him!" Brad spoke sternly. "The authorities will be here any minute."

"I don't give a shit!" Slav shot back immediately. "The shit he fucking did to my Anna? I oughtta rip cut his dick off and shove it up his own fucking asshole. I want to gouge his eyes out with my own fucking fingers. I want to feel this worthless piece of shit's life leave his very body by the work of my hands. How dare he breach his contract-"

Slav stopped himself before he could get further.

The room grew silent. Even the security didn't say a word as they watched this mess unfold. I was absolutely stunned by Slav... mainly because I believed every word that fell past that mans lips. He actually wanted to kill him.

"Contract?" Brad asked Slav quietly, as he released his grip on him.

"I- it's not- I shouldn't have-" Slav started. The words he said were incoherent, and far from explanatory. "It wasn't something your mother and I saw fit to disclose to you."

"Disclose to me?" Brad's voice broke.

"We- your mother and I- did our best to protect you. I cannot explain all this to you right now, but you'll understand soon I promise."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Christian asked his father, stepping up to stand besides Brad. This was getting bad real fast.

This was the first time I was seeing Slav like this. He, himself, looked like the deer caught in the highlights this time. Before Slav was given the opportunity to explain what was going on, two squad cars pulled in to the back entrance of the garage area, right outside the storage rooms. One officer excited the first car, to approach us. His was a large dude. Built sticky like he two security guards.

"Henry." One security guard nodded at the officer.

"Good to see you again, Dino. I got your message. We'll keep everything quiet, including..." the cop took a look at the unconscious and bloodied man. "...this. Just help me get him into the squad car."

Dino assisted the cop... I guess his name was Henry? They both hauled the man off the floor and managed to get him into the back of Henry's squad car.

Brad, Christian, and Slav were all still standing across from each other. When my eyes caught Brad's, I noticed something.

It looks as if he had finally decided upon an emotion. All I saw in his eyes that night, was pain.

••