CRASH! BANG!

Sounded from upstairs, the figure turned towards me sharply a sly grin on their face as they lunged at me. In a matter of seconds I jumped out of the way the THUMP of his body hitting the floor where I had just stood a moment ago.

"Agh" I squeaked as I took off up the stairs and into the hallway of doors.

THUMP, CRASH!

My feet carried me down the hallway and I barged into the closest room I came to.

"Emma" a shaky voice spoke. Catching my breath I looked up and into the frightened eyes of Chrissie. Before she could speak I placed a finger to my lips as I heard footsteps echo out in the hallway.

Chrissie looked at me with scared eyes.

I leaned against the door, a sigh leaving my lips that was until the door shook behind me.

BANG! BANG!

"Chrissie" I squeaked, in a flash I dove from the door under the bed the same time she slide underneath it as well.

CRASH! BANG! CRASH!

Yells echoed. Slowly the door opened and someone walked in. We moved closer together as we both shook with fright. 
Bzt...

My phone vibrated in my pocket; slowly I slide my hand down to retrieve it. As I pulled it out I noticed the shoes get closer to the bed, we held our breath. The shoes stopped as the person sat down onto the bed, the mattress squishing down with their weight. I slid the phone in front of my face and saw a text. 
I still had no idea how this person knew where I was or what was going on when they couldn’t see me.

Unknown number 1: do not move from where you are.

I squeaked as I read the text. I jumped in the air when I felt something touch my hand before I realized it was Chrissie grabbing it.

"Get out of my house you crazy asses!" Ryder screamed, his voice cracked in the process. Then the sound of footsteps rushing down the stairs could be heard before a loud…

BAM!

The sickening sound of flesh hitting flesh made my heart jump with worry. The person who was on the bed jumped up and ran out of the room, their footsteps racing down the stairs.

"What the hell, you were supposed to let me do that," the voice snapped though it was hard to hear what they sounded like.

Crawling on my stomach I slowly made my way from under the bed, but before I could escape from the darkness I heard Chrissie speak.

"I never thought they would do this, I’m sorry."

"I got your voicemail," I told her shortly. No sound left her lips and I knew she knew I heard the first bit, but was clueless to the rest. "I heard it all Chrissie" my voice dangerously low.

"I know," she whispered, turning as best as I could I sent a deadly glare her way.

"No Chrissie I heard it ALL you didn’t turn his phone off after you called me" shock registered on her face, she looked surprised which I knew she was. Without anything more I moved out from under the bed. It was silent once again then....

BANG!

The sound of the back door slamming shut.

Taking a tentative step forward I glanced left and right in the hallway to make sure that no one was there. Stepping forward I made my way to the stairs where groans and moans echoed from somewhere below. Slow steps I made my way to the bottom, I could hear the noises coming from the kitchen. The moment I rounded the corner the breath was stolen from my lungs. The kitchen was a mess. Plates and other kitchen appliances lay scattered around the room.