Chapter 61: A Failed Attempt

Start from the beginning

"Liam go!" Harry yells at the frozen man next to him, abruptly shoving him out of the room.

I hear hushed words as I quickly head down the hallway and into the bedroom, closing the door behind me. I'm absolutely mortified that Liam saw me like this. Completely humiliated.

I grab my silk robe hanging off the bathroom door and wrap it around me, kicking my heels off and sinking down onto the bed. I drop my head into my hands, wishing I could just disappear. I can't believe that just happened.

The bedroom door opens softly, but I don't bother to look up. I hear it close before Harry kneels down in front of me, resting on his knees.

"Please tell me that just didn't happen." I croak.

"Afraid it did. M' sorry I didn't tell you he'd be here. I had meant to drop him at Niall's but he didn't have the right key...."

My shoulders drop. I had half expected him to find this funny and crack a joke, which would make me feel better about it, but his voice is humorless. I let my hands drop to my knees, looking at Harry.

"I'm never gonna be able to look him in the eye again." I whine, "I couldn't be more embarrassed right now. Oh my god, the look on his face..."

"Yeah... not to keen on him seeing you like that."

"Are you mad?" I question, looking over his features. His brow is furrowed, his breath shallow, and his fists are clenched as they rest on the bed on either side of me. Yup, he's mad.

"Nooooo. Not at you anyway."

"You're mad at Liam?" I raise an eyebrow at him, "He had no idea..."

"Course he didn't." Harry cuts me off, "Doesn't mean he needs to stand there staring at you like that."

"Harry.."

"Didn't even try to look away. Had to push him out of the bloody room."

"He wasn't expecting it, of course he'd be shocked."

"Wasn't shock that had him looking you up and down. Fucking wanker."

"Are you serious!?" I move to stand up, but Harry stops me, placing his hands on the top of my thighs.

"Said I'm not upset with you."

"No, but you're pissed at Liam? That's ridiculous." I throw my hands up in the air.

"It's not."

"It is. Where is he? You didn't yell at him did you?" I ask, my mind going over the numerous times Harry would get upset at Liam about me.

For some reason, Harry has always had a bit of jealously when it came to Liam. Accusing him of having feelings for me, almost hitting him the day I spent hiking with him. And then there was the rumors. The gossip for months that Liam and I slept together and that was the reason Harry and I broke up. I knew it had caused some tension between them, but I thought it was long forgotten.

Guess I was wrong.

"Didn't yell." Harry shakes his head, "Just told him what I thought... Then asked him to leave."

"You kicked him out?"

Harry shrugs, biting his lip as he stands up. "I'm supposed to just be alright with that?"

"There wasn't a that. Nothing happened."

"Ava, I don't want to fight about this. Just got home. I missed you." He takes my hands, pulling me up and wrapping his arms around me.

"You need to apologize to him."

Harry sighs as his arms drop away from me. "Don't push this love."

"He probably feels terrible."

"Why are you always so fucking concerned about him?" Harry raises his voice, his mouth snapping shut when he sees me flinch.

"He's my friend.. He's one of your best friends."

Harry chuckles, shaking his head at me. "You really think I view Liam as one of my best mates?"

"Why wouldn't I? You guys seem fine.."

"Yeah, perfectly fine. We do a good job of that don't we? Shouldn't even offered him to stay tonight. Was trying to be the bigger person. Look where that got me."

"Am I missing something here? Did something happen between you two?"

"You've no clue, do you?" Harry looks into my eyes and I notice they no longer show anger. They show hurt. "All the lads know, Lou knows, hell even El and Gem know."

"What in the world are you talking about?"

"Didn't really believe it myself till I actually heard him say it. Gotta give the lad that, he didn't lie to me about it when I asked."

"Can you please just tell me what is going on?"

Harry sighs, running his hand through his hair as he stares down at his boots. His eyes finally meet mine, glancing between both of them.

"Liam's in love with you."

_______________________________

Please vote! It really helps my story and only takes a second! :)