Before I knew it, I was covered with a bunch of little pebble people. I giggled as they played with my hair, crawled up my legs, and dangled off of my arms. I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were all talking at once. I tried reading their minds but there's too many of them. It was adorable until they started to poke at my eyes, pull my hair, and crawl a little too far up my legs. "Alrightie! I think that's enough for today!" I exclaim, picking each one of of myself and placing them onto the floor.

But while I did this, I noticed something was... off. I noticed my hands were a light purple color. Actually, my whole body was tinted light purple. When I looked at my gem, it was turned so it looked just like a diamond. I go to run my hands through my hair, a habit of mine for whenever i'm nervous, but my hair was, strangely long. "Mirror." I demand, my voice barley audible and my hands still frozen in my hair. But the pebbles heard and build me a full body mirror.

Just one glance made me gasp, covering my mouth with both hands. "W-who is that?!" My hair was a dark purple, very wavy, and fell just above my knees. And that's saying something because I was now super tall. I had a short, dark purple dress with poofy shoulders. And like I had said before, my skin was a light purple and my gem was now diamond shaped. I rubbed my e/c eyes to try and make it go away, but that just made it worse. My eyes now had bright purple diamond shapes in place of my pupils. Not like my hurt eye was already purple enough.

"What's going on?!" I yelled to no one in particular. That's when I remembered the pebbles. They called me Purple just like everyone else was! Maybe they knew what was happening! I turned to look down at them "What's happening to me!?" I probably shouldn't have yelled. I guess I was just so freaked out. But guess I scared them because they all scurried back through their little door.

I felt my blood start to boil. I growled in anger as I turned back to the stranger in the mirror. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I couldn't control myself. I didn't know what came over me but before I knew it, glass was scattered everywhere, and my fist was in the broken mirror.

I quickly pulled my hand away and winced when I saw all the little cuts forming on my hand. "If only Steven were here." I looked back at the now broken mirror and saw myself starring back. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Who was that? And why was she so..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You
Pebbles

Familiar, why is this so familiar?
Familiar, like something I used to know.

I walked over to my new bed and flipped onto my back.

Familiar, starring up at this ceiling.
Familiar, I swear that I know this feeling.

I rolled onto my side and traced my fingers across the silky sheets.

Oh I wanna know where I come from.
Where I come from.
But everybody calls me something wrong.
Me something, something wrong.

I'll sway them with a joke or with a song.
Or with a song.

I look down at a pebble that's singing a long with me and hold out my hand. At first they hesitate, but eventually step onto my hand. I smiled down at them.

And maybe that'll help us get along.

Familiar, Why is this so familiar.
Familiar, like something I used to do.
Something I used to do.

I did a couple little twirls around the room, making the pebble in my hands giggle.

Familiar, Like when they would throw a tantrum.

Memories from the foster home I lived in flashed back, making me shake a little.

Insisting, I'd never find a home.

The little pebble rubbed the palm of my hand in an attempt to comfort me. To be honest, it kind of worked. But then I started to wonder something I hadn't in a while: why did my parents give me up?

I bet I drive them crazy all the time.
Crazy all the time.
They loved me but they left me behind.
With more important places they should be.
Places they should be.

I placed the pebble back down before walking over to the smashed mirror. This time, In some of the broken shards I saw myself. But in others, I saw that strange gem again.

Then hanging out with someone just like me.

My hands found their way to my gem. The mirror was split in two where my gem was. In one half I saw my Lavender Quartz stone, but in the other it was that Purple Diamond...

That's when it hit me.

Familiar, that's why it's so familiar!
That's why it's, that's why it's so familiar.

My hands traced all across my body as I noted every little detail on the other me.

Familiar, like someone I used to be!
Used to be, used to be.

Visions of my other half played in my head. Her and the Purple Pearl playing along with a pink heart shaped gem. Even one with her and a pink diamond gem! I remembered what kind of gem Steven was. A rose quartz. Does that mean he's a diamond too?!

Familiar, they finally want me back now!
finally, finally want me back now.

Familiar, my strange Diamond family!
My Diamond family.

Oh i'll break out of here and find Steven.
And once we're both together in one place.
We'll reunite with the other Diamonds.

I ran over to the balcony and grasped the railing, the wind blowing my hair a little.

And finally be a family in peace!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood there for a while, looking out at all the stars. I was so excited about my plan and new discovery that I completely forgot about my extreme hunger.

"I have a family! A family that wants me! A family that loves me! A family that came back for me even after so many years! A family that went to a whole other planet to get me back!"

A knock came from the door and broke me out of my fantasyland. "My y/n? May I enter?" It was Purple Pearl.

"Yes Pearl!" You could even hear the excitement in my voice. Pearl opened the door and stepped inside the room. "Sorry for making you wait so long." She did a little bow. "The diamonds are ready to see you now." My smiles grew even wider.

"And I'm ready to see them."

Heck that took so long to write. This is the longest chapter so far. I really hope you guys like the story so far because it's about to get... hmm what's a good word to describe it? Maybe: Deep? Thrilling? Angsty? Guess we'll have to wait and see 😉💜